P-40 Input Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nantucket
Airman

P-40 Input Configurator

Post by nantucket »

I recently downloaded the A2A P-40 for P3D - Thank You!! But I am having problems with the input configurator. My Sim platform is P3D V 4.5. I have assigned keyboard and joystick keys/buttons for landing gear/flaps. The landing gear retracts ( about 90% and then stops) and will not extend. The flaps the same way. I have not tried other functions. Also, auto-start will not work ( I use CTL E). I read in a earlier post about simconnect for A2A. Could that be the problem? Any help will be appreciated!!

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: P-40 Input Configurator

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Are you sure this is an Input Configurator issue? Have you read about the hydraulic system in the manual? That would be my first guess... :wink:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup sounds like you gotta to the hydraulics thing and take a flick through the manual found under your windows start button > A2A Simulations. Quick start is under your shift + 3 panel by default for engine start btw too.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

nantucket
Airman

Post by nantucket »

OOPS!!! If all else fails, READ the manual and follow instructions!! Everything works perfectly!! Sorry I bothered you! Thanks!

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I've got everything configured and working, most of the time. But sometimes the button to activate the hydraulic pump does not work. It's intermittent. I push the necessary button on my joystick but the button on top of the joystick in the sim does not respond. I can still get gear or flaps activated by using the mouse on that button or the hand pump. I've tried tracking this down but I suspect it's somewhere in dll code.

It acts like something has gotten out of sync and the system thinks the button should not be pushed. Either that or I've pushed the wrong button numerous times... anything is possible. :D I don't think I'm the only one with the problem as the landing video mentions a problem with the joystick button as well, although doesn't specify what the actual problem is.

I use joystick buttons to set the flaps to raise, lower or neutral, and the G key to do the same with the gear. Another button activates the hydraulic pump. These buttons are the "toggle switches" on my CH Products quad throttle.

Hook

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

nantucket wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 12:18 OOPS!!! If all else fails, READ the manual and follow instructions!! Everything works perfectly!! Sorry I bothered you! Thanks!
I'm glad you've got it figured out! Have fun with the P-40 :D
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”