Bouncing P40

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Bouncing P40

Post by Oldnavy »

I just installed the P40 in P3D 4.5 and when it loads, it is immediately bouncing all over, sparks flying and the prop is bent.

I haven't started the thing and it acts like I had completed a bad landing. Again, I did nothing, no start, didn't have a chance to.

So, why is it bouncing all over the airfield?

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bouncing P40

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

You've used the P-40 in P3Dv3 if I recall correctly, so there will already be some files on your system storing its persistent state unless you've deleted them. If you'd like to start with a brand new aircraft, please delete the files in this directory: "Documents\A2A\FSX\P40".

Also, please can I check that you used the separate P3Dv4 installer for the P-40 when you installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 08:37 Hello,

You've used the P-40 in P3Dv3 if I recall correctly, so there will already be some files on your system storing its persistent state unless you've deleted them. If you'd like to start with a brand new aircraft, please delete the files in this directory: "Documents\A2A\FSX\P40".

Also, please can I check that you used the separate P3Dv4 installer for the P-40 when you installed?

Thanks,
Nick
Let me clear, for P3D 4.5 I used the installer for P3D V4. Pointed it to location of P3Dv4.5 and noticed the installer doing it's thing unpacking files in P3D V4.5
Yes, I do have a FSXcopy of the P40 installed in P3D V3.4 using the FSX installer. I could not install accusim as the plane would not start so I removed accusim and the plane will start.
If you recall, you said there were two flavors 1, FSX and 2. P3d v4
The two sims are on different drives. I would like to keep the FSX version installed in
P3D V3.4 AND the P3D V4 version in P3D V4.5 at the same time. Does that present a problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's not a problem to install the aircraft to two sim on the same PC concurrently, but they will share the same .dat files, and these store the persistent state of the plane. Therefore, you may wish to try the suggestion above:
Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 08:37 If you'd like to start with a brand new aircraft, please delete the files in this directory: "Documents\A2A\FSX\P40".
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”