P-40 Warhawk P3dv5 not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Patattack
Airman Basic

P-40 Warhawk P3dv5 not working

Post by Patattack »

I just downloaded the P-40 Warhawk to see if it would work w P3dV5 and I keep getting a message "The A2A P-40 cant be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed P3dv4 has not been found on your computer." I was going to buy the Cessna package for P3d but then saw that the P 40 was free and said what the hell Ill give it a try and see if that's compatible w v5 first, No Joy on that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on if the Cessna will work on P3dv5 even though the P 40 doesn't. Or how to get the A2A P 40 to recognize P3dv5? Thanks Pat

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: P-40 Warhawk P3dv5 not working

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

You need to install it into v4 and then drag the files over. If you don't have it installed anymore you can get away with just installing the client as it will save a lot of time and will still be seen as a p3d v4 installation.
AKA "Memey"

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Pat and welcome to the A2A forums.

Yes, if you've installed P3Dv5 but you don't have P3Dv4 on your system, the existing installer won't be able to detect a compatible version of the sim. Although the P-40 itself will—broadly-speaking—work in v5, there are a few issues which we'll need to address before we release a new P3Dv5 installer.

In the meantime, if you're really keen to try the P3Dv4 version in v5, a simple Windows registry edit can be used to redirect the installer.

To do this, add a registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" containing a string with name "SetupPath" and value "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" (or whatever your P3Dv5 installation path is).

If you're using this default installation path you can use this registry script to make the edit instead. You can also edit the script in Notepad via its right click context menu if you wish to customise it for your own P3Dv5 install path, rather than editing the registry direct. In this case, it's the section highlighted in blue which you'll need to modify. To run the script, just double click it.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kiwigreg71
Airman Basic

P-40 Warhawk P3dv5: no sounds

Post by Kiwigreg71 »

Last year I bought the P-40 and love it. No worries in P3D v4.5. I just did a fresh install of it into P3D v5. It looks real good but...

1) In interior views: there's no internal sounds ( no switch clicks, no sounds of canopy opening, no engine sounds, no levers sounds ect)
2) Exterior view: I can hear the engine run at the same tempo no matter if the throttle / mix / prop levers are moved
3) Exterior view: the props don't move at all, even with the engine on and engine sounds in action. Smoke comes fro the exhausts on start up, props don't move. Plane flys - props dont move.

Hope there's a fix, love the A2A products and their customer support.

Cheers,
Greg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Greg,

Replied to your other post here.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply