P-40 sounds missing, no prop movements. P3d V5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Kiwigreg71
Airman Basic

P-40 sounds missing, no prop movements. P3d V5

Post by Kiwigreg71 »

Last year I bought the P-40 and love it. No worries in P3D v4.5. I just did a fresh install of it into P3D v5. It looks real good but...

1) In interior views: there's no internal sounds ( no switch clicks, no sounds of canopy opening, no engine sounds, no levers sounds ect)
2) Exterior view: I can hear the engine run at the same tempo no matter if the throttle / mix / prop levers are moved
3) Exterior view: the props don't move at all, even with the engine on and engine sounds in action. Smoke comes from the exhausts on start up, props don't move. The plane flys - props don't move.

Hope there's a fix, love the A2A products and their customer support.

Cheers,
Greg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-40 sounds missing, no prop movements. P3d V5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Greg,

Please can you try reloading the P-40 in the sim after the scenario loads to see if this fixes the issue? To do this you can assign a keystroke to the "reload user object" action in P3D as shown (this action is unbound by default).

We've found a little bug in Accu-Sim which is triggered by the default P3Dv5 startup scenario, and this will be fixed when we release our official P3Dv5 installers.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kiwigreg71
Airman Basic

Post by Kiwigreg71 »

Nick, sadly that didn't solve the sound problem. Also, I found that mapping my P-40 throttle, mix, rpm, trim to HOTAS doesn't work either in v5.( It is good on other planes in v5)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Greg,

Might be best for you to wait until we have the official P3Dv5 installer for the P-40 ready in that case. Troubleshooting issues on an unsupported platform is something we prefer to avoid where possible.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kiwigreg71
Airman Basic

Post by Kiwigreg71 »

Nick,
I think the problem with the funky sound was that I copied and pasted the P40 folder into the "Aircraft" sub folder in P3d. I just read that's bad.

So I did a fresh install and all the A2A folders now are placed where they get automatically located in the main P3d folder. But there' still pathway missing or something because P3Dv5 hotfix cant find the freshly installed P-40.

Cheers,
Greg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Greg,

Recommend you place the A2A folder with all its contents in the in the autodetect directory for the sim ("Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons") rather than putting them in the main P3Dv5 folder.

Thanks,
Nicks
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”