No start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
macgyver22
Airman Basic

No start

Post by macgyver22 »

I’m quite new to fsx and a2a . I had the box vs and dumped it. I purchased FSX Steam. I downloaded the P40 from you. First I installed Steam, then FSX Steam. I downloaded the p40 and installed it under steam apps/common/fsx. I installed the p40 accu sim in the same folder followed by the update. The update found the P40 and did it’s thing. The plain would show up on the runway but would not start. I have no sounds moving switches but everything moves with mouse. Ctl E does nothing nor does the auto start in the menu. I completely dumped everything again and started over. Same issue. Please advise.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: No start

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First off , uninstalling because things dont work fully , can make the situation worse , because you never find out what is causing the issue , and if done the wrong way , can stop any updates being done.
Always ask on here first , stating as much info as possible , so others on here can help .
I assume from your post , that you are new to A2A aircraft , so you need to read the manual , as the shift+7 takes you to the hangar , to see if anything is broken , and shift+4 is the refuel and loadout page , do not use the sims default fuel and loadout page.
If switches are moving but no sounds look at the vc sound slider in shift+3 , also make sure you load the sim with the default flight first in the freeflight window , before selecting the p-40 , else it might not properly load .
Another possible cause could be a simconnect issue.
regards alan. 8)

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

It sounds to me if you installed it and updater 02_04_19 found it to update and you can load it into a free flight, that you're well on the way. If nothing's working and you are not starting FSX with the P40 as the saved aircraft in the Free Flight window, then it sounds like maybe a simconnect issue. However, I've never had one of those (and can't find the right thread in a search, among the 192 pages...) so I can't help fix it.

I'm sure Lewis or Nick will be along to sort it out for you!
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello macgyver and welcome,

Yes, as Alan says, reinstalling often isn't the best bet, but if you made a totally clean reinstall it shouldn't hurt. Did you run the updater and if so, did it find and update your installation of the P-40 the second time round?

Assuming this has been done, please can you load the aircraft in FSX and then open the Shift 4 menu to check that fuel and oil are topped up? After you've done this, you should also open the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) to check for any mechanical problems.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

macgyver22
Airman Basic

Post by macgyver22 »

Hi Nick,
I have loaded the plane after the default loaded. Fuel and all fluids are full. I went into the hanger and there is all kinds of issues. The complete overhaul button pushes but does nothing. It is showing me
battery shot
hydraulic pump shot
major hydraulic leaks
radiator
air leaks
coolant leak

macgyver22
Airman Basic

Post by macgyver22 »

Battery is the only thing that will go away when selected.

macgyver22
Airman Basic

Post by macgyver22 »

Thank you very much guys for your help on this. Rob helped me figure this thing out. It was a sim connect issue. All is good now.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Yep it's a poor day when ya' don't learn something :wink:
Now that the hard work is done, all you have to do is learn to fly...in the P40...pas de sweat... :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update macgyver - good to hear you're in business and hope you enjoy getting to grips with the P-40.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Hi I have exactly same problem as above but I need some help please with simconnect I have a simconnect.dll file in the tools A2A P 40.
Am I missing files in the P40 folder ? Hope someone can help me

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

achimvdg wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 05:45 Hi I have exactly same problem as above but I need some help please with simconnect I have a simconnect.dll file in the tools A2A P 40.
Am I missing files in the P40 folder ? Hope someone can help me
Hello,

if you can start a new thread with your exact issue we can better help you out. Please include your own system details and generally as much information as possible for us to be able to better get you up and flying asap.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”