P40 Downloaded for FSX SE - Odd Happenings

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
daveyg
Airman

P40 Downloaded for FSX SE - Odd Happenings

Post by daveyg »

I have just downloaded the free offer of the P40 (thanks very much) and am experiencing some odd happenings. The first time that I opened it, the engine was stopped, ignition was on both, fuel was on, battery and gennie were on. The switches around the cockpit were identified when hovering the cursor and operated when selected - but no sound. The canopy opened - with sound but would only operate from closed to open, no intermediate option. The cockpit lights came on when selected and the cockpit responded to the battery being turned off. The throttle responded to the Thrustmaster TX and the Prop lever responded properly to the assigned button on the throttle too. The mixture however, would only move from full rich to full lean. So, I closed down FSX SE and restarted it. I took the default microlight at Friday Harbour and that all worked OK, so I switched to the FSXSE Piper J3 Cub (same location) and that all worked as advertised too. So I reverted to the P40 on the ground and it started with the engine running, ignition on, fuel on but the throttle did not respond and neither did the mixture and the engine pretty soon started to smoke and stopped. I ended the flight and reselected the same option and it started with the engine running, ignition off, fuel off, throttle and mixture inop; again the engine shut down. So I tried my other A2A ac, the T6. That started with the engine running, throttle not working, mixture not working and certainly, RPM gauge not working. FSX SE then shut down - and so did I :cry:

I tried looking through the FAQs other posts but couldn't seem to see anything quite the same so took the easy/quick way out as I was planning a long T6 trip around Scotland tonight. How do I uninstall the P40 please? Any help or advice will be very much appreciated

Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P40 Downloaded for FSX SE - Odd Happenings

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dave,

If you haven't already done so, please can you download and run the latest Accu-Sim update from here and check if the issues are resolved.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

daveyg
Airman

Post by daveyg »

Thanks Nick,

Done that, essentially no difference to P40 or T6. During the Accu Sim update, notably the P40 was reported as 'Accu-sim P40 NOT FOUND'. The T6 was reported simply as 'Found' on the first pass but when I ran the updater again it updated from V 1.0 to V2 something. The P40 opened with the engine smoking and running down, battery off, ignition off, fuel on the reserve tank otherwise the same as previously reported.. The T6 opened with the engine running down, battery off, fuel off mixture and throttle not functioning, prop working thru' the assigned button.

Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Dave.

If the updater is reporting the P-40 as not found, it suggests there's a problem somewhere with the installation.

When you first installed the P-40, did it automatically detect your FSX-SE directory, or did you manually point the installer to your FSX folder?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

daveyg
Airman

Post by daveyg »

Hi Nick,
It automatically identified the FSX Directory. I tried a hint from another post and selected the FSX default Cessna 172 which it was suggested could indicate a problem with SimConnect if there were no instruments visible. All of the instruments were visible, except the AI - which was a hole. I have run the file verification option on steam, because that will reinstall the SimConnect, I've subsequently tried both A2A aircraft again with similar results the T6 opened up engine running, battery on, ignition on and ran for around 20 seconds, responding to throttle - but now no sound at all. :? The P40 as before.

Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Dave,

When you installed the P-40, did you run both the "wop3_p40.EXE" and the "P40_Accusim.EXE"?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

daveyg
Airman

Post by daveyg »

The simple answer - no. I thought I had but when I checked it wasn't there, I hadn't even unzipped it. I suspect that I ran the P40EXE twice :roll: . So, I installed and ran the Accusim EXE, started up FSX again and selected the P40, which started up running with everything on - and it continued to run. It responded to throttle and prop inputs although the mixture still runs from one extreme to the other unless I select it with the mouse. I moved to the T6 which opened shut down again with no sound. Some functions of the mini control panel didn't work, the GPU for instance. But then I got an 'Error - attempted to select NIL value' message and everything froze. What have I done :shock:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info Dave.

Now you've installed the Accu-Sim content for the P-40, please can you try rerunning the latest Accu-Sim update.

I also recommend that you delete the saved state for the the P-40 and also the T-6 if you're having problems with both. To do this, remove the following folders and their contents and they'll be rebuilt next time you launch the aircraft in question.

Documents\A2A\FSX\P40
Documents\A2A\FSX\T6

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

daveyg
Airman

Post by daveyg »

Roger that Nick, and thank you for your ongoing help. I will get back once I have done the job but could be some time as I have building work going on in the house today and tomorrow.

Dave

daveyg
Airman

Post by daveyg »

Hi Nick,
Carried out the routines that you detailed with the following results:

T6: Everything works as advertised on the ground and although I haven't flown I am confident that it will all happen.

P40: Running through the Accusim update the P40 was recognised and updated. Loading the aircraft on FSXSE it opened up with the engine not running and everything switched off, except the fuel which was set to reserve. Switches operated using the mouse but there was no response from the aircraft eg the klaxon test was silent, the battery switch saw no change to gauges, the cockpit lights didn't come on. Also, there was no sound. The throttle, prop and mixture would only move using the cursor and not the assigned keys although the trims did work. The stick moved as well. I tried to operate the cowl flaps and had the 'Attempt to set nil value' error notice again and the sim froze.

Dave

daveyg
Airman

Post by daveyg »

I have just run the Accusim update yet again and although it said that the P40 was already at the latest revision state, when I started up the sim again and loaded the aircraft it all seems to work :D . I will now sit and read the manual before trying to go any further. I'll let you know how I get along.

Nick, than you so much for your assistance.

Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Dave. Thanks for the update and glad it sounds like thing are sorted. But, yes, please let us know how you go on, or if you have any further issues or questions.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”