P40 input configurator not responding on yoke buttons

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

P40 input configurator not responding on yoke buttons

Post by Tobus75 »

Hi,

I have a slight problem.
The P40 input configurator can register the yoke button I want to use for the electric hydraulics button just fine. However, in sim, it does not respond.
I've tried other button, same issue. As soon as I configure a button on keyboard, there is no issue. Returning the config back to the yoke, again there is no reaction on pressing the assigned button.

What could I do to solve this? It has worked in the past, ever since an update or 2 ago it stopped working.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P40 input configurator not responding on yoke buttons

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Toby,

Is the "enable controller(s)" option ticked within FSX/P3D? Some users of add-on software such as FSUIPC will untick this option, in which case the input configurator won't be able to access devices such as joysticks.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 12:56 Is the "enable controller(s)" option ticked within FSX/P3D? Some users of add-on software such as FSUIPC will untick this option, in which case the input configurator won't be able to access devices such as joysticks.
Hi Nick,

yes, it is ticked. Just to be clear: The input configurator reacts to the button press on configuration setting, but then the elec hyd pump does not respond in sim and the button on stick does not depress.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I had the same problem, and I do not use FSUIPC. The button would work on one flight, not work on another. This was not the first time the configurator did not work on an A2A aircraft. I eventually gave up on it and changed the settings to not need the <strikeout>manual pump</strikeout> electric pump switch.

It was only configurator items that did not work, everything else did.

Hook
Last edited by Hook on 22 Oct 2020, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Tobus75 wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 13:09 yes, it is ticked. Just to be clear: The input configurator reacts to the button press on configuration setting, but then the elec hyd pump does not respond in sim and the button on stick does not depress.
Toby,

Is it just the manual hydraulic pump button which is misbehaving? For example, if you map joystick buttons to other functions, do they work as expected?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 14:16
Tobus75 wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 13:09 yes, it is ticked. Just to be clear: The input configurator reacts to the button press on configuration setting, but then the elec hyd pump does not respond in sim and the button on stick does not depress.
Is it just the manual hydraulic pump button which is misbehaving? For example, if you map joystick buttons to other functions, do they work as expected?
Nothing works if I assign that to one of my yoke buttons. However I can configure it: the tool registers it and I can save it.
I don't use fsuipc or some such for key/button allocation, only the sim itself. I have a CH yoke and pedals.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming. Could you also let us know which host sim you're using please Toby.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 07:07 Okay, thanks for confirming. Could you also let us know which host sim you're using please Toby.
P3D v4.5

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, in that case please can you read the post by Michał K here. I'd recommend you do as he mentions and compare the number shown for your yoke in the P3D "controls" settings menu with that used in the relevant axisConfig.cfg file. As Michał says "the axisConfig file from P3D directory is used if you have P3D set to RawInput. Otherwise, the config from FSX directory is used, even in P3D."

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Yesss, that did it. the axis config file written by the input configurator set my device as 1, which should be 0 if looking at the P3D control settings. Working flawlessly now, thanks so much!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Toby - thanks for the update and good to hear that's sorted it.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”