p40 does not start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
achimvdg
Airman

Re: p40 does not start

Post by achimvdg »

Thanks Nick, will try, strange however when I touch ground the sound is back, only airborne and I am in cockpit there is no sound. Again touching down I have sound back but not from engine but form the tarmac sound will check the file
Also wheels have issues, gear up they remain 50% out and wheel down in that case wont work so no option else that to crash :)

cheers and I will let you know the outcpme of the sound issue ofcourse
Achim

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Nick, which folder you mean the A2A has a P40 folder but that one is empty

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Achim, yes - it sounds like just the Accu-Sim sound effects aren't playing: for the P-40 these are mostly engine and switch sounds. The "audio.dat" file if present would be in the main "Documents\A2A" folder, not in the P-40 subfolder, but sounds like it isn't present which isn't a problem.

However, if you can confirm what kind of playback device you're using it may help track down the cause of the issue.

As for the landing gear, many new P-40 pilots are caught out by this one. The real P-40 has an electrically-driven hydraulic pump which must be manually operated to extend and retract the gear and flaps. This is controlled by the button on the joystick which can be assigned to a hardware button or, if you prefer an easier option, you can select the "auto hydr. pump" option within the Shift 3 menu.

More info on these functions can be found in the pilot's manual and Accu-Sim manual, both of which are available via the Start Menu (or from shortcuts within Orbx Central too I believe).

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Have a watch of this vid for more info on the P-40 hydraulic system simulation.
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Thanks Nick. A lot to explore. Will let you know
By the way. Swift 3 opens the gps system
Cheers

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Unless you've remapped the Shift + Number key assignments, Shift 3 should open the "Controls" panel with shortcuts to various functions Achim. There's no GPS in the P-40, but Shift 5 open the map view which—because it's a sim—always knows where you are!

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Will go through my settings and key assignments again as for now shift 3 open a GPS screen, I will have a look at that to see if I can get back the controls screen.
By the way for all other airplanes in P3D I do have engine sound in the cockpit, the only exception is the P40.
I also noticed opening the A2A folder there is also a P40 folder but that one is empty. During the first installation in that folder I saw a few files about airplane configuration but they are all gone.
One day I will get there. The video by the way is very helpfull, will do some test flights ( on the jacks...) this week

Cheers
Achim

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

INstalled accu feel, now I have sound in cockpit but when switching outside the sound is much to loud, than p3d crashes so I think I will uninstall this beautiful a/c as it gives a lot of headaches I think a pitty I think

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Achim,
achimvdg wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 05:02 I also noticed opening the A2A folder there is also a P40 folder but that one is empty. During the first installation in that folder I saw a few files about airplane configuration but they are all gone.
Sorry for the problems you've been having, but it sounds like something on your system is preventing Accu-Sim from writing to the "My Documents" folder. One possibility could be Antivirus software, a firewall or similar. Do you have any third-party AV engines running? Also, is your Documents folder being synced by Microsoft OneDrive?

Other than let us know the answer to those two questions, one thing you could try if you'd still like to troubleshoot the issue is run the legacy SimConnect file which can be found here by default: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv5\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi.

Incidentally, Accu-Feel isn't needed for the P-40; rather it's intended for non Accu-Sim aircraft and definitely shouldn't be changing the external sound volume.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Hi Nick I have only Microsoft Defender and no othe AV systems running.
Will try to run the file you mentioned.
By the way with accu feel i hear engine sound must put volume of my speakers to max, you can imagine the volume when I switch over to other camera setting.....🤨
Nevertheless I give it a try tomorrow again
Rgds
Achim

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Dear all, many thanks for your help but a) still no sound and b) every action I do the system crashses.
I will delete the P40 from my PC, last question must I do this on ORBX Central so I am assured all is unistalled ? Nice plane but it doesnt work on my PC whatever I try. In 10 minutes it crashed 4 times

sorry
Merry Xmas anyhow :)

Achi m

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Achim,

It's quite unusual not to be able to fix the problem, but if you want to uninstall then yes, in Orbx Central go to "My Products" and under "Aircraft" and "Misc" you should have the option to uninstall both the P-40 and the shared Accu-Sim components.

Before you give up on the P-40 though, why not try downloading our own standalone installer. It's just as free here on the A2A store!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

MUst I first delete on ORBX and thrm reinstall on your A2A installer ?

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Sorry I cant see the installer on the A2A store in store, where is it located :)?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Here's the direct link to the P-40 on our site Achim: https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-p-40-p3dv4/

And yes, please uninstall on Orbx first, then I recommend to restart P3D so that it rebuilds its add-ons.cfg files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

:):):):) Its there !!!! and with sound, now learning how to fly it properly MANY THANKS !! You saved my Xmas will visit the A2A store frequenly, looking for a Cessna 172 or 150 ( but must keep costs under control.... :) )

Achim

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”