p40 does not start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
achimvdg
Airman

p40 does not start

Post by achimvdg »

Hi I downloaded the P40 but a/c wont start . I see when I switch to the maintenance hanger all is marked red but I am unable to activate overhaul engine, nothing seems to work, Pilot weight remains nil ( I cant change) and all the red tags cant be corrected.
Must I uninstall a/c and reload again of can something else be wrong also the inpuit configurator does not work I get error seems system can not load or find microsoft directX directinput versiion 1.0 2902 culture neutral public key token 31bf3856ad364e35.
No idea what this might be

Hope you can help me

thks

Achim
*admin edit deleted email*

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: p40 does not start

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Achim

As I remember from your 1st post you are running P3Dv5.1? If possible please give them more information like what is your default flight, info about your system etc. Please don’t uninstall unless asked to by :a2a: Lewis or :a2a: Nick.
They are the undisputed support masters so I’m sure they are able to help you.
It’s not a good idea to post your email address here as the forum is open.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Hi thks for your message
system info

32 GB 3200 MHz
2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
AMD Ryzen 7 3800 X,
Radeon RX5700XT 8GB
Windows 64bit Pro

Default flight, presume you mean what I see when starting P3D, Lockheed Martin F35A at Randolph Runway 33L

Regards
Achim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please can you confirm the platform you are using and also how you installed the P-40. And just to check the grabbed and P3Dv5 P-40 and not the FSX or earlier P3D version if you are running v5.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Hi with platform you mean from where I got the plane? it was through ORBX. The installation went in fact automatically and it is save on my D drive ( Hard Disk) I have no earlier version on my PC of any othe Fsim as this is a brand new PC. I am running P3D V 5.1

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please reinstall through your orbx remembering to restart P3D between installs.

thanks
Lewis - A2A

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Sorry for my ignorance but how can I reinstall, must I first uninstall the P40 through ORBX Central and than reinstall again ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Achim,

That's right, try clinking the "uninstall" button on the P-40 page in Orbx Central then restart your PC and reinstall through the same app.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Followed the instructions you wrote me, I was able to do overhaul of two items in the maintenance hanger but for the rest it does not work either. It should work or not ? Any files I might be missing ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You should indeed be able to click on any red text in the maintenance hangar to fix broken parts. I wonder if something has become corrupted during the install process on your machine Achim? Please can you try deleting the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\P40" folder and check if the issue still persists.

Please can you also manually run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=35

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Ok the download of DirectX helped, it works, I have only no engine sound when I am in cockpit mode. Have to find out what to do but sofar many thanks for your patience with me and help, highly appreciated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the sound playback for Accu-sim is through the windows default sound device. If you have multiple devices you may want to check these are set correctly and the system default is turned on. Also under the Shift + 3 menu in sim you can turn the Accu-sim volume up and down.

Do let us know how you get o, we are here to help get you squared away and flying correctly.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Thanks will check, strange however in cockpit mode no sound from speakers (outside cockpit ok) but when take off or land I can hear sound (also in cockpit mode) only the engine is soundless
Cheers
Achim

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

shft + 3 no differenbce fyi when I am on runway for take off or landing I hear in cockpit the runway sound but no engine so when I am airborne all is quiet.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Achim,

Thanks for the updates. Please can you let us know what your default Windows playback device currently is? For example, are you using speakers plugged into the audio ports on your motherboard itself, or connected via a different method, e.g. DisplayPort?

Also, please can you check to see if there's an "audio.dat" file in the "Documents\A2A" folder? (this file is generated if the "Accusim sound menu" has been used). If there is, try deleting it.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”