P40 Starter Engage & Energize no longer working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
VTailDriver
Airman

P40 Starter Engage & Energize no longer working

Post by VTailDriver »

Running P3Dv4.5 P40 (any livery) suddenly cannot be started using the manual Starter Engage/Energize switch or its mapped controller button. When switched the click is still there but no inertia wheel spinning happens and of course no prop engage occurs.
It has worked fine until yesterday and I haven't made any changes to P3D or to the aircraft. The only change since it last was used is the addition of the B17 V4/5.

I have tried reloading the aircraft, reloading P3d, restarting Win10.
The aircraft will start using Auto Start without any problem but I do not like doing that.
Any suggestions?
Oh, nothing in the Maintenance hanger suggests a failure.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P40 Starter Engage & Energize no longer working

Post by Paughco »

Anything in the Shift+7 shop? New battery needed perhaps? Have you tried attaching the APU?

Seeya
ATB

VTailDriver
Airman

Post by VTailDriver »

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I checked the Maintenance Hanger, battery is fine (all other battery powered items work fine), and Yes, I tried it with the GPU with and without battery on. It clicks when I switch it to both Engage or Energize.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Our A2A tech guys recommend starting the flight sim with a default airplane. I always start with the default M-7 Maule. Then I either change the aircraft to the desired A2A aircraft, or maybe change the scenario to one that I have saved with an A2A aircraft. Once in a while, one of those saved scenarios will get corrupted and not work correctly. I have to delete that scenario and recreate the scenario and then save it again. So, try starting your sim with a default aircraft then switching to the A2A P-40 if you are not already doing so.

Seeya
ATB

VTailDriver
Airman

Post by VTailDriver »

Ok, I'm embarrassed !! The problem turns out to be "Pilot" stupidity ... I was simply switching to Engage position first instead of Energize ... repeatedly!

Thanks for your replies ... you guys are great!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to see you're sorted VTailDriver and don't be too embarrassed: these warbird cockpits with their switches scattered around low down on the side walls don't lend themselves too readily to ease of use on a PC monitor in a flight sim. Something I fear the designers back in the day didn't really consider! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Glad you got it squared away! I'll fly my P-40 this evening in your honor. I need the practice, anyway!

"With men like these... flying planes like these... there'll always be a flag like this, waving in the breeze!"
(Ending scene in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUcqbytR9Ts)

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”