Default Water sounds annoy with Accufeel V2

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
Luftwayfarer
Airman Basic

Default Water sounds annoy with Accufeel V2

Post by Luftwayfarer »

So I love the watery side of Accufeel V2, but I don't like the water sounds that FSX natively applies to my Grumman Goose. Is there any way to get rid of the default sounds? I tried changing the sound type in the contact points of the goose, resetthe aircraft and all, but it seems every type of contact point generates the sound in FSX. Should I just remove the .wav (almost a pun here) sound file? How did you guys do it while testing?

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Default Water sounds annoy with Accufeel V2

Post by Hook »

It's odd, because I just started flying the Goose again and was suprised at how much I liked the water sounds. My first water landing I forgot all about Accu-Feel and wasn't expecting the sounds. Then after shutting down the engines I just sat there listening for a while.

Good luck figuring out how to turn the sounds off.

Hook

Luftwayfarer
Airman Basic

Post by Luftwayfarer »

Well, I think the Accufeel V2 sounds on water are awesome. I decided to rename the waterloop.wav files in the sound folder so that FSX can't play them then tried water ops in the Goose again. Way better in my opinion. I had the issue of the default sounds playing at a slightly offset time so you get that tunnel sound, and that's very artificial. With the accufeel V2 sounds alone it's much more realistic and closer to the demo video's sounds. I'm happy with this, but I'd like to know what the developers did, if they turned off the default waterloop sounds or what?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I don't think we removed the default sounds, but maybe turned them down in fsx options and made sure accu-feel sounds where set to high. Theres lots of variables to play with.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Luftwayfarer
Airman Basic

Post by Luftwayfarer »

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even think of doing that. Pass on the word, I love the product!

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”