How Do I Update Accufeel

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
NavyAce
Airman

How Do I Update Accufeel

Post by NavyAce »

Hi,
I have a question or two regarding AccuFeel. I bought the original program when it first came out and have used it successfully in FSX for several years. Lately I have been getting a Fatal Error trying to load the sim and through much troubleshooting I have determined that AccuFeel apparently is the culprit, as the sim loads when I disable Accufeel. I would like to keep using this program so I need to know what options I have to get it working again. First, is there an update for the original program that might help and if so since I am an existing purchaser would I have to pay for it? Secondly, I see that there is a version 2 of AccFeel. Would it be better to uninstall v 1 and then install v 2? And again, as an existing purchaser would I have to pay for this? Also, is it recommended to uninstall v 1 first, or will v 2 simply overwrite v 1 during the installation process? Thanks in advance for all who kindly take the time to respond.
NavyAce

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How Do I Update Accufeel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I would concentrate on what has changed on your system to make the program not work if it was working ok and then all of a sudden it hasnt, something is making it not run correctly.

Any new sim additions or add-ons etc between it working and not working?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the reply. I think that the something that was making things not working appears to be the AccuFeel program, since when disabled the sim loads properly. That's why I was thinking about an update or a fresh install of the new version. Perhaps I have misunderstood what you meant in your reply. If so I apologize. And I have not added anything to FSX between the last time it worked properly over a year ago and the present problem. Thanks again for the input.
NavyAce

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Here's an update from myself. I went back to my downloads library and noticed that the zip file I have is for Accu-Feel v.2 so I apparently have the latest version already. It would appear then that I need an update to v 2 or need to do an uninstall/reinstall. Any other thoughts from anyone? I would like to get this working in FSX again.
NavyAce

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Something will have changed on your system as it wont suddenly stop working without external influence. I would suggest a clean reinstall if its been a year since you used the program as it may be that your sim has been affected in more ways than one if suddenly things are not working.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Hi Lewis,

I thought I would let you know that AccuFeel is apparently working on my Win 7 Desk Top. I did an uninstall and a fresh, clean install of my v2 and the first time I tried starting the game (as an administrator) with it enabled I got the same old fatal error message. I then tried running the game with AccuFeel disabled (still as an administrator) and the game started. I then tried starting the game twice more (still as an administrator) with AccuFeel enabled and on the second try it loaded normally. I have started the game numerous time since then (the last few times not as an administrator) and it has continued to load, so I think all is well but I will continue to monitor the situation. Thanks for your help.

NavyAce

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lovely jubbly! Thanks for getting back to us, we are always here should anything crop up again.

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”