Accru-feel issue

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
jmjawors
Airman Basic

Accru-feel issue

Post by jmjawors »

Hi. I purchased Accu-Feel tonight, installed it and am having the same issues. The add-on is not working in any case, whether up in the air or down on the ground. After consulting the FAQ on this forum, I've run the Dr A2A troubleshooter and emailed the results to the appropriate address but I also thought I'd post here in case, like Buzz, you wanted me to "Ping" you too (whatever that means).

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accru-feel issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Is this the relerase version or the latest update. The update can be found here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=31772

can you please also let us know if;

You are running FSX updated to FSX SP2 or Acceleration? (a requirement)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8986

Did the direct X component of the installation complete ok (this is another requirement)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35

If running windows Vista/7 64bit did you install as administrator (Right click installer and select run as admin, this is often a requirement for software in these OS and is 'good practice' for general PC use)

Regarding the FAQ, can you let us know what you have tried etc.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jmjawors
Airman Basic

Post by jmjawors »

I seem to always post incorrectly whenever I first join a support forum. Sorry for that, but also thanks for the reply.

I can't get to the computer on which I run FSX right now, but when I am able to I'll check that it's the latest download. It was whatever was offered in the store, so I would assume it was the latest version. I can, however, tell you that I do NOT have SP2 installed, simply because there appears to be no valid download sites for it. I'm a newcomer to FSX - having first installed it about a month and a half ago - and since that time I've been searching for SP2 to no avail. The link you have in your FAQ thread, for instance, is no longer good. If I can get pointed in the right direction towards a good download site for it, I'll install it right away and see if that fixes the issue.

As for DirectX, it said that it detected a newer version of it and simply moved on with the installation of Accu-Feel.

Thanks again!

-Matt

(edited to include DirectX info and fix typos)
Last edited by jmjawors on 04 Oct 2012, 10:42, edited 3 times in total.

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Lewis, a quick question, I have DX 11 installed on my system. When Accu-Feel installs any update it always tells me that a newer version of Direct X is install on my system and does not install DX10.

Does that in anyway affect the installation? Hope not, btw v1.1 is working great but would like a little more volume.

Thanks

Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

jmjawors FSX SP2 link can be found in my post on the MS FSX website.

bobbyjoh give the web installer a go from MS, though if its working its working so all will be installed ok. Just a side note though that dx11 doesnt replace 10 or 9 etc but goes alongside them. The sound volume will depend on your aircraft, since theres no volume standard on aircraft you may find accu-feel louder on some aircraft and quiet on others. We have included the master volume for accu:feel etc to try and help users get a nice balance with this but it wont be 100% on all aircraft because of the varying volumes of sound smaples used by developers.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

jmjawors
Airman Basic

Post by jmjawors »

Haha. I didn't take your link seriously, as all others for SP2 I'd tried no longer worked. I'll give it a go now. Thanks!

jmjawors
Airman Basic

Post by jmjawors »

Actually, I remembered wrong. I did finally find a working link to SP2 but the install didn't work. Anyway, I followed your link and sure enough the install does not work.

"Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 requires the English version of Flight Simulator X."

I *do* have the English version. This seems to be a common problem, and for many the suggested fix for it does not work. Unfortunately, I am included in that group. So as it stands now SP2 is not an option.

I have also just downloaded the latest update to Accu-Feel, and now we are moving backwards. Unlike the original install, now the Accu-Feel menu no longer appears in-game. I've consulted the FAQ on this issue and it did not help me.

(edited to include the Accu-Feel update)

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

jmjawors,

Send me a PM and I will send you my working FSX SP2 application. Hope this helps you out. :)

Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bobbyjoh wrote:jmjawors,

Send me a PM and I will send you my working FSX SP2 application. Hope this helps you out. :)

Bob
I'd also just check which version of FSX you have just in case it already has SP2 (Some later versions already had SP1 or 2 included a google should help you find out what your version came with).
What I would say also is that you really need FSX SP2 most addons for FSX will require SP2 to function so we really need to get this issue sorted before we move onto accu:feel and third party stuff.

jmjawors
Airman Basic

Post by jmjawors »

Thanks guys.

I don't have the box in front of me, but the FSX I got is just the base version. No Acceleration, no Deluxe. Being as new as I still am to this sim, I tend to believe what I read from experienced simmers and the consensus on one message board was that SP2 was unnecessary and problematic. So once I finally found a download and encountered that apparently wide-spread installation problem, I didn't fret over it that much. Clearly that was the wrong attitude.

Bob, I'll definitely hit you up with a PM. Lewis, I appreciate your help... especially since this is not a SP2 support forum! :)

-Matt

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Matt, check your email for the download links. This should do it for you buddy.

Glad to help

Bob

jmjawors
Airman Basic

Post by jmjawors »

Bob,

Got the email, got the file. Unfortunately I've got the same results. Apparently the problem has something to do with the registry keys (or whatever they're called), and there are two fixes. The first one, manually editing these registry keys [link], does not work for me because for some reason they are not where they are supposed to be. The second fix is a full uninstall/reinstall, following a lengthy set of directions that should guide the program to a proper installation. Looks like I'll have to do that... if I can relocate the instructions. Then we'll see if I can get Accu-Feel to work.

It didn't work out but thanks a ton, Bob. It was really appreciated!

-Matt

jmjawors
Airman Basic

Post by jmjawors »

Well.

I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX, installed SP1 and then this time, for some reason, SP2 installed just fine (using Bob's file). I then put in Accu-Feel (and the latest update) and it works perfectly now. In the end, it was a pretty dumb problem... but I'm glad it was a simple one.

Thanks for all the help! It's amazing what that little program adds to the whole experience.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha, great stuff. Glad you have FSX all up and working now and accu:feel all installed. As an extra bonus your now also all set for all the other SP2 compliant addons out there.

thanks,
Lewis

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Matt, so glad that everything worked out fine. Enjoy 8)

Bob

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”