tire screech accu-feel

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

tire screech accu-feel

Post by dvm »

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem. On some aircraft the tire screech does not work all of the time. I have found that if I disable the touchdown sounds in the sound cfg that I get the tire screech to return. Is there an explanation ? Perhaps this is a question for Scott.

Vince

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: tire screech accu-feel

Post by Scott - A2A »

The tire screech sound in accufeel is entirely unrelated to any FSX built in sounds (sound.cfg).

Tire screeching is not a constant, sure thing. It happens based on a lot of variables. I suspect what you are experiencing is normal.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Scott,

Thanks for the info.

Vince

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

The effect you describe I see (hear) as well time to time. I often fly the Carenado Beech Baron 58 w/AccuFeel and it's tire screech is sometimes quite pronounced and other times quite subdued and/or inaudible...same variance with brake squeal..see it on other birds as well., not just that Baron but your post rang a bell in my memory. I don't expect there is anything 'wrong' either; but I did shudder a bit as I understood you're peeking and tweaking the sound cfg file. I've heard it said before 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'..asking here was a smart move. Happy SKIES to ALL..

I am not intentionally preaching BUT I see many times that folks take it upon themselves to be self-appointed software engineers when they feel 'something ain't right' myself -not- excluded, and typically end up with an unforseen mess they caused themselves. Even though I already know everything..occassionally I have to ask..primarily so others get a chance to feel useful <- that is an attempt at humor. OK?? :mrgreen:
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

If I may bloviate for a moment. I have been tweaking my panel, aircraft and sound files since FS98 and I am not a engineer. I use trial an error to learn and am now pretty proficient.Trial and error were a big part of aviation advancement until the advent of computer design. In flight simulation unlike real world aviation the penalty for failure is frustration instead of having a street named after you at Edwards. Changing aircraft parameters and creating scenery are a big part of the enjoyment of flight simulation for me. As in real world flying boring holes in the sky is not very exciting. Landings, flying formation and managing systems are what keep me interested. A2A war birds are my aircraft of choice and need very little mods with the exception of tweaking to customize the control response for my stick & rudder pedals. The knowledge I have gained from tweaking has made it possible for me to solve a lot of the glitches that pop up.The bottom line is tweaking is a lot of fun and if you back up whatever file you are messing with no harm is done. So for those that are reluctant to try tweaking I say give it a try.

Vince

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

I really was not going to comment on this subject but since it started I am going to add my 2cents. I have done all the updates to AccuFeel. I fly the LDS 767 and with V1 I got everything that AccuFeel is designed to do tire screech, bumping, brake sounds and was very happy with it. On each update many of those features stopped working. On the last update v1.2 some of those came back. Feeling very frustrated, I un-installed AccuFeel and then re installed V1. Yesterday when i landed at SBGL (Rio De Janeiro) it was such a pleasure to hear brake squeal when I touched down and then when I applied the brakes as I taxied into the gate I could also here the brakes. I don't know what the team has done. But until I get an update that fixes the issues with the AccuFeel updates, I am sticking with V1 period.

I know the A2A team is working on a lots of other stuff, but for me right now only V1 works the way I bought this program.

Bob

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

This thread is progressing nicely I would say. I first flew a PC flight sim courtesy of Bruce Artwick's 'SubLogic Flight Simulator' on Commodore 64 hardware. A pioneer in flight sims who is still active in our community to this day, Mr. Artwick's stamp is on every .bgl file we see.."Bruce's Graphic Library" is the nomenclature from which that file extension derived it's text. I agree that tweaking mistakes are not bodily fatal..also agree as others have posted they can and do often lead to 'frustration' and /or being grounded ..that is; suddenly yielding the novice a non-working 'broken' flight sim overall due to tryiing to home-brew a little fix...live and learn. Some are more cautious and methodical than others in this regard.
I attempted to post cautionary rhetoric and certainly not accusatory. If I seemingly missed the mark on that score I apologize. Even though unintentional I felt some were ticked-off by it to speak plainly./ Sorry..unintended consequences...I do know this -->> We all fly higher with unruffled feathers... 8)

Overall..I get better results scouring forum posts when a flight sim issue rears it's head for me. 9 out 10 times I find clear solutions from previously asked questions and correspondingly valid answers, verified by others..it also saves me some typing. I take this approach as a first step before I dive in solo with little more than a candle and a nightgown.

Especially since resolutions posted in forums can potentially help hundreds of others if not more.

Happy SKIES to ALL :)
Last edited by CharlieP51 on 09 Nov 2012, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Hey CharlieP51 !

One needs to be careful with that candle as you could set your nightgown on fire..lol

Vince

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

dvm wrote:Hey CharlieP51 !

One needs to be careful with that candle as you could set your nightgown on fire..lol

Vince
Thought I smelled something burning!! :cry: Good one Mate! :mrgreen:

ImageImage
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”