installers p3dv4

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
killshot1
Airman

installers p3dv4

Post by killshot1 »

after reading articles on the forum most of this evening, am I correct to say that the new installer for
P3Dv4 is still unavailable? I,ve got 5 new aircraft to install and can't get done :?: :(
killshot1

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: installers p3dv4

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The new installers have been available since the new store was active , i dont have P3D i use FSXA , but did you follow the instructions , to migrate your purchases from the old store to the new store , then redownload your purchases.
If you still have problems then PM Lewis with your email , so he can get you sorted.
regards alan. 8)

killshot1
Airman

Post by killshot1 »

Hi Alan;
I've completed all the necessary action and it was confirmed by Lewis that my files have all been
moved. I just purchased 5 P3Dv4 aircraft and accu-feel P3D. When I attempted to install them I was
told that the exe could not be found on my computer. I thought the installer came with each purchase
for ease of installation. That is why I asked if it was available yet....
Killshot1

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Killshot1,

There's a separate P3Dv4 installer for each aircraft which has been updated for the platform.

Are you downloading the zip files containing the installers to a folder on your hard drive and then unzipping them before attempting installation?

If so, please can you tell us what the exact error message is that you're seeing?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I'll move this thread to somewhere a bit more prominent.

killshot1
Airman

Post by killshot1 »

Hello Nick;Yes I have down loaded all to my hard drive, however I have extracted
only the spitfire. I do have the installer there and have attempted the install
several times. Here is the exact error message I received. " The Accu-Sim Spitfire I and II
can't be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed Martin Prepar3d v4
has not been found on your computer." Hope this will help !!

By the way I am running Windows 8.1 but plan on
switching to 10 on my next upgrade...............Killshot1

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Killshot1,

That message indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3Dv4 folders since installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. You could try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

Thanks,
Nick

killshot1
Airman

Post by killshot1 »

It's me again....killshot1;
Nick
I'm totally stumped....There is no reference to prepar3dv4 or any of P3D in the control panel under
"programs & Features". All my p3d products are in my download folder or the compressed folder.
Only 2 of them have been extracted (accu-feel and spitfire) without positive results. Does anyone know what
the valid Lockheed Martin prepar3d v4 installation is or where to find it or get it. What is missing?
never had any problems running A2A FSX !!
Killshot1.....Oh by the way, killshot is a 4 wall handball term, not my prowess in the cockpit !

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

By default, Prepar3D v4 will install to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" Kilshot11. However, if there's no reference to "Prepar3D v4" components under programs and features, it sounds like the simulator may not be correctly installed.

Are you able to load Prepar3D itself successfully? Can you also let us know which licence you're using?

https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

Thanks,
Nick

killshot1
Airman

Post by killshot1 »

Nick;
you solved my problem, which was; I never purchased the actual Prepar3d licence from
Lockheed Martin. I had it in my brain that when I paid for the p3d aircraft it included
the licence for Prepar3d program and that the installers would take care of the necessary
requirements to operate the sim....I went to prepar3d. com and bought the actual licence
and download for the program....so sorry for my confusion... my problem is solved and
I wish a hearty thanks for your patience .

Happy flying....killshot1

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update killshot1 and you're very welcome. Now that you've successfully installed P3D, hopefully you're up and running with Accu-Feel and the Accu-Sim aircraft, but please drop us a line if you have any further issues.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”