FSX:SE AccuFeelMenu.dll rejected due to faulty digital signature

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
tailgunnerUB
Airman Basic

FSX:SE AccuFeelMenu.dll rejected due to faulty digital signature

Post by tailgunnerUB »

I purchased an FSX bundle with AccuFeel included from Steam. As many online also found, it did not install AccuFeel correctly, so I began learning how to edit the DLL.XML file to add entries for AccuFeel.dll and AccuFeelMenu.dll. (Why are there 4 different versions of DLL.XML all over my system? Why couldn't the FSX install edit DLL.XML for me? Why are AccuFeel files in /DLC/379546/Modules instead of in /Modules like it says all over the web it should be? Such an ineligant configuration for 2019!)

So both AccuFeel DLLs are in place, and below is my edited C:\users\mycroft\appdata\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file. When running FSX now, I get a Win7 error that AccuFeelMenu.dll cannot be loaded because it doesn't have a valid digital signature. However, the first time I ran it after editing the DLL.XML file, it did successfully ask me, and then appear to load, AccuFeel.DLL.

Can someone please advice? Feeling a little ripped off that Steam just says that this is installed on my system, with no recourse for troubleshooting at all.

Thank you very much,
Robert

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSTramp</Name>
<Path>P:\Program Files (x86)\FSTramp\FSTramp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Path>DLC\379546\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>DLC\379546\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Name>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FSX:SE AccuFeelMenu.dll rejected due to faulty digital signature

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

steam purchased versions are very different as its all using steam DRM and the FSX Steam DLC methods for use.

So first troubleshooting step you will want undo the changes you made and then to re-verify your steam installation in steam. See here if not sure how to do it;
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

And then restart your system after verifying before starting the sim again.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tailgunnerUB
Airman Basic

Post by tailgunnerUB »

Thank you kindly for the quick and helpful reply.

I would like to make sure I understand, by the stuff about it using Steam's DRM and stuff, were you saying that you don't support this product because I got it through Steam? Steam sends one to you I believe on the list of support links for FSX, I think that's why I came to you, but I appreciate any pointers you can give me. I have purchased several A2A products and never required support before, so I am a fan and stuff. :)

So thanks to you I ran the FSX file verification routine, and stunningly it said it had to download 8,500 files, which I find it hard to believe since FSX and all my addons were runnning fine, except for this problem. I realized recently that AccuFeel wasn't occurring, and I think I had forgotten about it, but when checking, and finding it missing from the AddOn menu, I have been down this rabbit-hole of finding MANY other people who report that the Steam FSX bundle with AccuFeel installs the DLL files, but does not successfully modify DLL.XML, so AccuFeel is never loaded.

So I am having to manually modify files to make it load AccuFeel, and now I have hit the problem that Windows 7 x64 throws an "I won't run this file because it doesn't have a valid digital signature"" error.

As a fan and repeat customer, I wanted to convey that I feel this is a real black eye for your company, so to speak -- I found many others really disgruntled to have bought somethinig from them *because* it specifically contained AccuFeel, a fantastic product, and then find that their installation routine isn't really installing it -- and Steam's version of support for these kinds of arcane game-specific DLC is, "Nuh uh, it must be installed, it says "installed" right there in the install list." They are useless IME.

It's not your fault, their installer should be doing this right, or at least notifying one of something that didn't happen for whatever reason. But it makes one feel ripped off partly by AccuFeel, I bought that bundle, and I'd bet a lot of others do too, because it was a good deal to get your product and FSX in cloud form. I know it's not that, but you know? So if I can help let me know! You guys don't deserve to be at the center of a problem with Steam installers that I found many threads online from people having complained about this going back FOUR years!

So if I can help you test or otherwise to get Steam to make their installer install your product predictably correctly.

So, sorry so long but I like you guys.

So after letting it download and refresh all FSX files, and rebooting, I get the same error. I will attach a screenshot, but it's the same one, Windows says that AccuFeelMenu.DLL does not have a valid digital signature, and "Publisher unknown".

Can you send me a better copy of that file, or something? I'm stuck.

Thanks for the great support, happy Deep Sky Flying!

Robert

That having been said

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you'll want to go to dovetail for the steam installer support as its not something we make. I'll let them know about your issue.

The manual editing of files is for the non steam version ONLY, as you point out the steam version has its own dll's all over so I am not 100% which one you will be wanting to add.

One other thing to try would be to check also that you are running everything as admin as it could be a simply permissions issue.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”