Accu-Feel Stopped Working: No Fix

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
drs96
Airman Basic

Accu-Feel Stopped Working: No Fix

Post by drs96 »

Hi, I downloaded FSX-SE with Accu-feel in October 2016. Accu-feel had been working every time I loaded the simulator (and I greatly enjoyed it!) up until yesterday. I don't know what caused this. I have done everything I've read online to do. I have checked that the necessary script is in dll.xml. I have made sure the dll.xml is in the main FSX-SE folder. I have run everything as administrator and given all the permissions I can. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FSX-SE through Steam and also verified the game files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Accu-feel DLC and made sure the dlls are in the modules folder. I have restarted my computer with each attempt. I have disabled my security programs. Yet, every time I load FSX-SE, I get an error message saying it has found a problem with Accu-feel.dll and accufeelmenu.dll. I don't know what to do at this point. When it asks if I want to load the program or not, if I click yes, then the menu will show up in the simulator but will not save any changes. The program doesn't show up if I click no. Please tell me what I should do, as I believe I've done everything I can think to!!

drs96
Airman Basic

Re: Accu-Feel Stopped Working: No Fix

Post by drs96 »

The exact text of the error reads:
"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: <Unknown>
Version: <Unknown>
Company: <Unknown>
File: Modules\A2A_Feel.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?
Yes/No

To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator."

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello drs96 - welcome to the A2A forums and thanks for the detailed info.

From the research I've just done, sounds like this problem is quite widespread across FSX add-ons, although it seems to occur only rarely.

When you reinstalled FSX, did you also delete the contents of the "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" directory? If not you could certainly give this a try, though it would be a good idea to back up these files first.

If this doesn't help please let us know, but you may also find the information posted here helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

drs96
Airman Basic

Post by drs96 »

Nick, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I deleted that folder. When it reinstalled, the dll.xml file didn't have the script for Accu-feel, so I added it. Then the error reappears. I am using a non-registered version of FSUIPC. Is this potentially related? Also, when I run the DLCHelper in the Accu-feel DLC folder, it gives me an error saying it can't find fsx.exe, even though it is in the FSX-SE main folder. I'm just very confused how this product can work for 2.5 years and spontaneously stop. I'm looking to buy a new computer within a month or 2 anyway; hopefully this problem won't be recreated on that machine....

-Daniel

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”