Buttkicker and A2A planes

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
FreeBird
Airman First Class

Buttkicker and A2A planes

Post by FreeBird »

Hi Guys I want to use a separate sound card for my buttkicker and it works well on default aircraft but A2a don't work with two sound cards at the same time. I like my engine and noises in my speakers and running my first buttkicker and the other sound card running the second buttkicker using the OPUS software. I assume A2A uses it own sound engine and not the default P3d that causing my issue. As for now I am using the one card approach and it all works fine but I like the effects that opus brings to the table. Also I want to run 2 Transducers 1 for engine vibration and the other for Gear,flaps,spoilers.This is why I need two sound cards. Is there anyone with experience that has a clue. Thanks Josh

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Buttkicker and A2A planes

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the Accu-sim sounds will play through the systems default sound device, as set in windows.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Typically, you pipe all aircraft sounds through one soundcard (the one your ButtKicker is connected to) and you use the second sound card for ATC (headsets). That is the most realistic. Be aware that if you do this, when you plug in your virtual headset inside the aircraft, it reduces the output of aircraft sounds and consequently the ButtKicker doesn’t work.

I don’t use OPUS so I cannot comment on that.
TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

FreeBird
Airman First Class

Post by FreeBird »

Thanks guys I fixed my issue and now have both cards working. If you haven't tried the OPUS buttkicker plugin you are really missing allot. They have created there sounds to activate the buttkicker for Taxing,Landing,Gear,Flaps,spoilers, turbulence and engines. These sounds only play into the buttkicker so you don't hear them that why you need two sound cards. In Opus these events are also tied to DHM plugin which gives you the added motion in the cockpit. Once you get it set up correctly you wont want to fly without it. Its been a learning curve but im getting there. Highly recommend this for anyone wanting to add more realism to the home cockpits. Josh

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I was going to try it, but couldn't figure how to make it work. Setting it up was too convoluted. May need to tap your brain one day! :mrgreen:

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

FreeBird
Airman First Class

Post by FreeBird »

TBryson2 wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 18:39 I was going to try it, but couldn't figure how to make it work. Setting it up was too convoluted. May need to tap your brain one day! :mrgreen:

TB2
any time
Last edited by FreeBird on 11 Jun 2019, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Bad idea to post an internet on a publicly accessible forum. Spambots crawl all over the web and will pick your email up and fire away. Suggest you edit that out and send a PM in the future.
FreeBird wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 18:43
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”