Accu Feel possibly stopping seaplanes from working?

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Accu Feel possibly stopping seaplanes from working?

Post by Bruce66 »

Here is my new issue:

I had Accu Feel installed in my old W7 rig and working perfectly with FSX-SE.

I have now got a new computer with W10 and have been doing fresh installs of all my products including FSX-SE and Accu Feel.

Everything seems fine except for float planes/sea planes. I have been trying to take off from a few FSX stock sea plane bases - ie Lake Hood and Campbell Lake in Alaska - and the planes wont let go of the water. My MilViz Beaver starts to take off but stays tethered to the surface and the Grumman Goose crashes as if I hit an object. With the Goose I tried to lower the landing gear and taxi over the area of water and it rose up as if on the wheels before crashing. With the Beaver I noticed wheel screeches over the same are of water. With both planes if I turned Accu Feel off they worked fine. With both planes if I leave Accu Feel on and fly off a runway they are perfect.

I tried the J-3 Cub with Accu Sim on the same water bases and it worked perfectly!

I am not 100% convinced that Accu Feel is the problem but should I be running with compatibility for W7? I also just noticed there is an update to Version 2.1 which I have not installed yet - does that address this issue?

Any suggestions welcome! :)
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu Feel possibly stopping seaplanes from working?

Post by Bruce66 »

OK, I have un-installed Accu Feel and re-installed also adding the newest update. The issue remains (I have discovered the Goose is a separate problem so I will leave that one out).

I have tried the FSX Beaver, the MilViz Beaver, The GAS Stearman and the Grumman Mallard. All stick to the water with Accu Feel on Default settings - will not move at all. Each one will move if I lower the Water Drag - in some cases as low as 5% and the most (the Stearman) is 20%.

I went back and tested on my old W7 system and all planes work perfectly with Accu Feel on Default settings.

I am also getting strange sounds as the airplanes accelerate to take off speed - high pitched echoy roar - until the plane leaves the water.

I am guessing W10 is causing the problem but what is the solution?

Once in the air all planes seem fime with the default settings and, as I mentioned earlier, all planes seem fime on the runway.

Also as I mentioned earlier, the J-3 Cub with Accu Sim works perfectly in the same conditions.

Except for the weird noises I would be content to set the Water Drag manually but I have no idea how realistic it would be - is it too high or too low?
Gaming Computer

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Reading your post suggests to me you are using the non-Steam version of Accu Feel in the Steam version of FSX. I may be wrong, but I tried this just now and it did not work at all, even with the update.

After buying the Steam version (only £7, or there about) it works. I took off in the default Beaver from Lake Hood no problem, after a little forceful tug on the stick to get unstuck from the water.

Steve.

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Thanks for the reply!

Mysteriously the problem has solved itself! I have been struggling with this for three days and was at my wits end. This morning I re-installed the Accu Feel and the update but with no luck - I shut down and wrote my second post.

This evening I started up just to look again and see if I was inspired and everything works! Go figure!

Anyway - panic over until the next headache. :D
Gaming Computer

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

That's good to hear.

Speaking of my own install. After getting the Steam version of Accu Feel, where I had just the FSX-SE in the user Roaming folder I now have a FSX folder too. My Documents folder has also acquired an extra FSX folder. Where I had a Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files folder, I now have a Flight Simulator X Files folder as well. Quite bizarre. :?

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Just a quick update.

I discovered the actual problem with all my non Accu Sim planes was a combination of W10 and FSX-SE. I was not running ALL my flight sim programs as an Administrator so whenever I turned off my computer it would reset many of my customized settings when I restarted.

The apparent issue with Accu Feel was that my rudder pedals would get reset by W10/FSX-SE so the brakes would be on all the time unless I flipped the parking brake on and off. With Accu Feel off this did not affect the planes on the ground at all and barely at all on the water. With Accu Feel on the water planes would just stick to the water.

Now that I have set my rudder pedals sensitivity PERMANENTLY there is no issue at all.
Gaming Computer

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”