Post by DIAPHUS »

3/29/2021
Problem: cannot load Accu-Feel_v2.
I am using FSX-SE.
I am running Windows 10 home 64-bit.
CPU = Intel core i7 @3.2GHZ.
16.0 GB Dual-Channel
Graphics = GeForce GTX 1070(DELL).
I have, and really enjoy some of you other products. I have the P-47, The P-51, The AT-6, the Bonanza, the Piper j3 and the P-40.
I have had access to a pull-down menu in the past when I installed the Team SDB CVN-65_Final_Cruise_Traffic addon scenery. So, I was not expecting any problem here.
I purchased Accu-Feel_v.2, from the online store, down loaded it and installed it on 3/23/2021. I simply downloaded the app in a .zip file, extracted it, ran the Acci-Feel_v.2.exe and followed the instructions.
I had unchecked the “aircraft Stress Causes Damage” box as per the manual.
I am not using Microsoft security Essentials. For security I am using Kaspersky Internet Security and I have set Accu-Feel_v2.exe as trusted.

During instillation, Instillation the path was:
C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\steam-apps\common\FSX. (The same path I use for your other aircraft instillation.)
The instillation seems to be ok, with no errors. At at the end of the instillation the last window shows “Accu-Feel Air, Land and Sea has been successfully installed”.
But the problem is that there is no addon pull down to be found when I run FSX-SE.
I have read the instillation instructions in the accompanying manual, including the part about using the ALT switch. When I tap the ALT button the courser just jumps to “File” on the dashboard. I have un-installed Acci-Feel_v.2.exe and reinstalled several times, all to no avail.
Next, I checked our online troubleshooting section that pertains to Acc-Feel problems.
I did notice that after the first and subsequent installations of “Accu-Feel”, upon first launch of steam FSX
there was no request or attempt to install a .dll file as mentioned in your troubleshooting section on line.
There is no indication that “Feel” was actually installed with the exception that the file DLL.XML.A2A file in(c:\users\myname\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX) had been installed.
I did check the dll.xml file in the path (c:\users\myname\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX). It contained two dll.xml files. One entitled dll.xml and it contained:

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Carenavigrapg</Name>
<Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

The other entitled dll.xml.a2a contained:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Launch.Addon>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Service</Name>
<Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I then checked the other path (c:\users\myname\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE). There was only one dll.xml file here. It contained:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Next, I checked in the path C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\modules and the following were present.
- AccuFeelMenu.dll
- A2A_Feel.dll

So next I copied
<Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Service</Name>
<Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon
From the dll.xml.a2a and appended it to both of the outer dll.xml files.

Ran FSX-SE and there was no change. I the n re-installed Acci-Feel_v.2.exe and ran FSX-SE again. Still no joy.
In your online customer support troubleshooting section, you stated that I must have SP 1 and SP 2 installed. However, when I went to a flight sim web site that offered the two downloads, I was advised that if I am using FSX Steam edition that I should install neither. So, I assumed that the support files I need are provided with the Steam edition.
So, I am stumped. Help would really be appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accu-Feel v2 install problems

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Mike,

Sorry to hear you're having some problem with the installation and thanks very much for posting such detailed info.

From reading the info above, it seems that you may have (or have had previously) both the disk edition of FSX and FSX-SE installed concurrently on your PC. Please can you just confirm if this is the case, and if so, whether you still have the disk edition of FSX installed and in use or if you uninstalled it after installing FSX-SE?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. It's indeed true that service packs aren't needed for FSX-SE.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

When my XP computer crashed, I replaced it with a new one that Dell recommended for FSX.
In this case:
CPU = Intel core i7 @3.2GHZ.
16.0 GB Dual-Channel
Graphics = GeForce GTX 1070(DELL).

Initially I did install FSX Deluxe Edition from the DVD disc that I had, with the acceleration pack.
However, though the game did load it would run for only one-half hr. at a time. It seems I could not use it on another computer without buying another license. So, I uninstalled it, I thought, and purchased FSX Steam Edition. I cannot find it listed in the UN-instaill list. I do not remember whether or not both installations were at any time concurrent.

What seemed odd to me was that the folder (c:\users\myname\appdata\roaming\microsoft\ contained both an FSX-SE sub-folder and an FSX sub-folder as well). Both contain a dill.xml file but the FSX folder also contained dill.xml.a2a.
(Actually, I cannot find any resource that tells me what the FXS file structure should look like. It all seems to be somewhat random to me.)

The FSX folder contains these sub-folders and files:
Controls (folder)
SimObjects (folder)
Substitutions (folder)
Camera.cfg
Dill.xml
Dill.xml.a2a
Fsx dll (1).xml
Fsx.CFG
GrantedRewards.bin
LWcfg.SPB
wxstationlist.BIN

The FSX -SE folder contains these sub-folders and files:
Controls (folder)
SimObjects (folder)
Substitutions (folder)
Camera.cfg
dill.xml
dxdiag.txt
exe.xml
fdr.dat
Fsx_se.txt
Fsx_se_CFG.txt
GrantedRewards.BIN
GrantedRewardsOLD.BIN.
LWcfg.SPB
Program generated temporary flight.a2a
Program generated temporary flight.P47
Program generated temporary flight.Pj3
Scenery.cfg
wxstationlist.BIN
Sorry to be so verbose but I really do not know what is important for troubleshooting.
Best, MIke

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Mike.

The mixed FSX install history on your machine is almost certainly behind the issue you're experiencing. What I'd recommend is that you create a new temporary folder somewhere on your PC and then move both the "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" and "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE" folders into it.

After you've done this, launch your copy of FSX-SE and it should regenerate one of these folders (which one it recreates will depend on some registry settings).

After you've done this, please can you confirm which one of the two folders has been created and then try reinstalling Accu-Feel.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

Nick,
I did as you suggested with no change with the Accu-Feel pull down.
But, before I did, I took a break from fooling around with this problem and flew the A2A Bonanza for a while. With this aircraft only I do have an addon pulldown for sound only. It does not show up on any other aircraft, A2A of otherwise.
What I did:
Renamed FSX= XXFSX and FSX-SE = XXFSX-SE.
Launched FSX-SE and it regenerated FSX-SE to replace the renamed file(s). Reinstalled Accu-Feel. No change.
Thanks, Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Mike,

Okay, that confirms that your system is indeed using the dual FSX installation registry keys because FSX and FSX-SE were installed concurrently at some point in the past. The Accu-Feel installer actually predates the release of the Steam Edition of FSX, so in the slightly unusual situation where customers install both versions of the sim together, it won't be able to detect the presence of the "...\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE" directory.

To clarify a bit, If only FSX-SE is installed, it will use all the legacy FSX registry entries and folder, so the installer doesn't have a problem.

In your case, one option is to make a clean reinstall of FSX-SE so that it uses the standard registry entries and Appdata folder location. However, I appreciate this may be unwelcome, particularly if you have a lot of add-ons installed.

The other two options are to edit the Windows Registry so the "Co-Existence" registry key is set to 0, or to manually edit the dll.xml. I'd actually recommend the registry edit as the simplest option to make sure future FSX add-on installs go smoothly. Not sure if you're comfortable with manually editing the registry with the included Windows Registry Editor? If so, the registry key in question is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

Inside this key, there's a DWORD value called "Co-Existence" which in your system is apparently set to "1". If you edit this value so it's set to "0" instead, your FSX-SE installation should use the standard Appdata folder structure.

If this manual process is something you're not comfortable with, you can download and run this file which will perform this process automatically.

In either case, after editing the registry, you'll need to delete the "...\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE" folder and relaunch FSX-SE at which point it should create the standard "...\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" folder instead. At this point, if you reinstall Accu-Feel it should work successfully, as should any others subsequent legacy add-ons that need to use the Appdata folder.

Apologies for the rather long-winded reply, but I'm afraid it's a slightly complex issue that was created by the release of FSX-SE in 2014.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. It's normal for the Bonanza not to have its own menu under "Add-ons" as it uses 2-D panels instead.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

OK Nick.
Thanks for all of the help. I appreciate all of the work on your part. I’ll give it a go and let you know.
Best, Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, hope this method is successful Mike, and yes, please keep us posted as to how you get on.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

4/3/2021
Well, didn’t seem to go to plan.
I made the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition change. You were correct, It was set to (1). Changed it to (0).
Deleted the FSX file and re started FSX-SE. It regenerated the new simplified FSX file. Then loaded Accu-Feel. Still, no joy.
Also, now I have some graphic issues (looks like about 1024X768 resolution) and a black square surrounding the curser arrow. Reset the resolution to 1920X1080, but display still looked unlike it should.
Decided to bite the bullet and do a clean re-install of Steam FSX with the HKEY_CURRENT "Co-Existence “fix (I checked and it is now set to 0). Uninstalled my current version and then re-installed FSX-SE. Lost all addons and settings as expected, It was getting sort of messy anyway with a bunch of freeware that didn’t work very well anyway.
But, am back to Leisure “Suit Larry” or “Pong” graphics among other graphic issues. So a new install did no seem to resolve any of my problems.

4/5/2021
Ok, I have decided: I downloaded old backup files from older backups. They are the Steam folder with all of its subfolders.
In addition I downloaded an old copy of FSX and an old backup of C;\users\appdata\roming\Microsoft.
I am going to move the FXS folder now current and replace it with the old backup copy. I’ll do the same for the Microsoft folder, which has the old settings and .dll and config files. We’ll see what will happen.
4/7/2021
Ok, that seemed to put me back to my starting point. Resolved my graphics problems but still no joy with any addons except the sound addons on some of your airplanes. Every thing except settings and scenery came back.
Back to square one.
Thanks, Mike

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

Hi Nick, Any other ideas? I' game.
Thanks, Mike.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update and apologies for the delayed reply.

It's a little hard to follow exactly what the "old backup files" you refer to are, but if you've reinstalled FSX-SE and then you started seeing graphical issues, it would have been better to delete the cached shaders and other files which FSX leaves scattered on your system, rather than moving old files back into the installation directory.

Specifically, the folders I'd recommend deleting if they're present are:

"C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX"
"C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX-SE"
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX"
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE"

And, of course, the folders we already discussed:

"C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"
"C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE"

Also, it's worth making sure the graphics drivers for your GTX 1070 are up to date. As it seems to be a Dell OEM part, in this case it might actually be best to get drivers from the Dell site rather than direct from NVIDIA which would usually be the case.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

From my notes:
4/9/2021
Ok, uninstalled the files you suggested as well as FSX completely. Searched for any files that seemed to be a remnant of FSX.
While looking for FSX files to purge, I found the two sets of log files.

This one is for the original install try of Accu-Feel. For what it is worth here they are.

*** Installation Started 03/24/2021 16:45 ***
Title: Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea Installation
Source: C:\Users\MCOOK\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_Accu-Feel_v.2.zip\Accu-Feel_v.2.EXE | 03-24-2021 | 16:45:12 | 10874280
Installation Aborted!
User Rights: Admin
*** Installation Started 03/24/2021 16:45 ***
Source: C:\Users\MCOOK\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_Accu-Feel_v.2.zip\Accu-Feel_v.2.EXE | 03-24-2021 | 16:45:44 | 10874280
Installation Aborted!

*** Installation Started 03/27/2021 15:52 ***
Source: C:\Users\MCOOK\Downloads\FLIGHT SIM ADD ON FOLDERS\A2A\accusim FEEL\Accu-Feel_v.2.EXE | 03-23-2021 | 19:32:16 | 10874280
Installation Aborted!

Found this log file which refers to the last instillation attempts after I re-loaded a clean FSX.

** Installation Started 04/11/2021 19:10 ***
Source: C:\Users\MCOOK\Downloads\FLIGHT SIM ADD ON FOLDERS\A2A\accusim FEEL\Accu-Feel_v.2.EXE | 03-23-2021 | 19:32:16 | 10874280
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE | 07-26-2002 | 16:02:06 | | 153088 | 5be5019b
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea
RegDB Val: Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea
RegDB Name: DisplayName
RegDB Root: 2
RegDB Old: Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea
RegDB Val: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\accu_feel._al&slog
RegDB Name: UninstallString
RegDB Old: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\accu_feel._al&slog
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Feel\A2AfeelInstaller.exe | 02-09-2012 | 13:44:08 | | 164352 | 1cfdc29
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Feel\dxwebsetup.exe | 10-20-2010 | 14:40:46 | 6.0.2600.0 | 288088 | 51763b52
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\Accu-Feel_AL&S_Manual.pdf | 01-05-2013 | 07:52:16 | | 554517 | 14b1d237
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\Sounds.pk | 12-11-2012 | 10:16:22 | | 9203736 | 33490040
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\sound_log | 01-01-2013 | 16:03:44 | | 78944 | bced7ad3
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\ver.txt | 11-29-2012 | 09:21:38 | | 5 | fa6c3201
Made Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\Modules
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll | 12-27-2012 | 10:24:06 | | 609792 | fc5dd35d
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll | 01-02-2013 | 15:13:02 | 0.2.0.0 | 143872 | 30013c7f
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A2A Simulations\Accu-Feel AL&S\Accu-Feel AL&S Manual.lnk
Link Info: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\A2A\Feel\Accu-Feel_AL&S_Manual.pdf | | | 0 | 1 | 0 |

*** Installation Started 04/12/2021 15:39 ***
Source: C:\Users\MCOOK\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Accu-Feel_v.2.zip\Accu-Feel_v.2.EXE | 04-12-2021 | 15:39:10 | 10874280
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE | 07-26-2002 | 16:02:06 | | 153088 | 5be5019b
RegDB Val: Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea
RegDB Name: DisplayName
RegDB Old: Accu-Feel Air, Land, and Sea
RegDB Val: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\accu_feel._al&slog
RegDB Name: UninstallString
RegDB Old: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\accu_feel._al&slog
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Feel\A2AfeelInstaller.exe | 02-09-2012 | 13:44:08 | | 164352 | 1cfdc29
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Feel\dxwebsetup.exe | 10-20-2010 | 14:40:46 | 6.0.2600.0 | 288088 | 51763b52
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\Accu-Feel_AL&S_Manual.pdf | 01-05-2013 | 07:52:16 | | 554517 | 14b1d237
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\Sounds.pk | 12-11-2012 | 10:16:22 | | 9203736 | 33490040
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\sound_log | 01-01-2013 | 16:03:44 | | 78944 | bced7ad3
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\A2A\Feel\ver.txt | 11-29-2012 | 09:21:38 | | 5 | fa6c3201
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll | 12-27-2012 | 10:24:06 | | 609792 | fc5dd35d
File Overwrite: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll | 01-02-2013 | 15:13:02 | 0.2.0.0 | 143872 | 30013c7f
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A2A Simulations\Accu-Feel AL&S\Accu-Feel AL&S Manual.lnk
Link Info: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\FSX\A2A\Feel\Accu-Feel_AL&S_Manual.pdf | | | 0 | 1 | 0 |

I reinstalled FSX-steam addition clean. Took about 45 min. Started FSX and checked to be sure the install was good, it was good, the original FSX setup. Then reinstalled Accu_Feel_v.2.exe. Same as before, but at no time was I asked by the operating system If it was OK to run it, or if it was a trusted file.
I checked to see if the files in the log above were present. All were except :
This file was not present.

I then re-started FSX, but as there was no prompt to confirm Accusim-Feel as a “Trusted” file here either. All other add-ons files, upon first launch after the clean install have prompted for the “Trusted File” conformation. No drop down menu of any kind in the tool bar.
If Accu-Feel was installed, I do not know where it was installed.
Added full paths to the dll.xml file thinking that the steam edition file path might be different than FSX normal install. It made no difference. Then I fooled around with the various entry’s paths to the dll.xml and it made no difference to FSX. So, I’m wondering if Feel is not installing at all, but aborting and displaying the last page.
Since I don't know what Accu_Feel actually installs and where it installs it, I can't tell really if it is installing properly and my system is at fault or not.

4/18/2021
I'm beginning to wonder if it's time to upgrade to FS2020. Are your aircraft comparable with it?
Best, Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Mike,
DIAPHUS wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 17:06 Since I don't know what Accu_Feel actually installs and where it installs it, I can't tell really if it is installing properly and my system is at fault or not.
The installer log that you've posted above shows where the files are installing. All seems okay here. The "dxwebsetup" is a file which should be launched at installation rather than forming part of the installed product - it's the DirectX web installer. Do you recall this running immediately after the Accu-Feel installation finished?
DIAPHUS wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 17:06 Added full paths to the dll.xml file thinking that the steam edition file path might be different than FSX normal install. It made no difference. Then I fooled around with the various entry’s paths to the dll.xml and it made no difference to FSX.
Do you have a backup of the original dll.xml Mike before you edited it, or can you show what entries this file contains now?
DIAPHUS wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 17:06 I'm beginning to wonder if it's time to upgrade to FS2020. Are your aircraft comparable with it?
I'm afraid we haven't released any aircraft yet for MSFS, though we're currently working on the Comanche 250. Existing products won't work in the new sim.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DIAPHUS
Airman

Post by DIAPHUS »

Nick
4/20/2021
***[The installer log that you've posted above shows where the files are installing. All seems okay here. The "dxwebsetup" is a file which should be launched at installation rather than forming part of the installed product - it's the DirectX web installer. Do you recall this running immediately after the Accu-Feel installation finished?]
First:
Here are the screens that I see during the instillation of Accu-Feel.
First Screen displayed is the A2A Accu-Feel welcome screen with instructions to exit all other Windows processes …
Second screen: Destination Location “installed wizard”. It shows a destination folder as “c:\ program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\FSX/”.
Third screen: Start Instillation. “You are now ready to install Accu-Feel, Air, Land Sea …
Forth screen: Displays the Welcome to setup DirectX with license term agreement check box. Also displayed is the instillation Progress window, which shows %100 and %100 instillation.
Fifth screen: – “DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No instillation is necessary.”
Sixth screen: DirectX Instillation Complete.
Ninth screen: “Accu-Feel, Air, has been successfully installed. Thanks….”
And that was all.
I wonder if the DirectX version that I have is compatible with your software. It’s the one thing that has been consistent and unchanged throughout the problem. All attempts at install of Accu-Feel have all determined that “DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No instillation is necessary.” So, I really did not question the statement.
I ran dxdiag. I’m using DirectX 12. Ran through all of the pages with no problems found.

Second:
***[Do you have a backup of the original dll.xml Mike before you edited it, or can you show what entries this file contains now?]

I do not have the original unmodified version with the shortened (relative) paths. But the paths were the only thing I changed. When I referred to fooling with the file I was “saving as “this file and cloning this one to fool around with. The clone is long gone.
Here is the Dll.xml file with the full paths:
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
<Path>c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Service</Name>
<Path>c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Path>c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
I very much appreciate your patients with me on this. It is just a hobby after all. Helps keep my old brain active. Since I cannot fly for real anymore it’s nice to find some near reality in the simulator world.
Best, Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the info. I've checked the dll.xml content you posted above and it's fine. The fsx.CFG file should register any modules which you've already told it to to trust so please can you open this file and in the "[Trusted]" section, check if there's already a reference to "A2A_Feel.dll" or "AccuFeelMenu.dll". This section tends to be rather long with FSX-SE so it may be worth doing a text search for the module names.

Once you've checked that, we'll take it from there. And your patience is much appreciated too. Sorry that the cause of this issue is proving so tricky to pin down, but we'll get there in the end!

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”