Cannot Uninstall Accu-Feel

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
jimh20
Airman Basic

Cannot Uninstall Accu-Feel

Post by jimh20 »

Hi,
My Accu-Feel installation appears to be corrupted in some way and no longer works. Using the original .exe file to uninstall Accu-Feel fails with the message.
"The File 'dxwebsetup.exe_1' is not marked for installation."
Can you help me restore Accu-Feel once again?

Regards, Jim H.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cannot Uninstall Accu-Feel

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

So that we can try to help, please can you give us a bit of basic background info on your setup. For example, which version of Windows are you using, and is the Accu-Feel installation for FSX or P3Dv4 or P3Dv5.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jimh20
Airman Basic

Post by jimh20 »

Thank You, Nick.
I have Win10 Home v20H2
I'm using P3D5 latest hotfix.
P3D, repeatedly crashed with no apparent cause.
I had an image file of each of my C and D drives (Win10 and P3D)
I restored each of these images.
I was now successfully restored to that previous state, except for a message reporting a problem with AccuFeel.
I decided to uninstall/re-install Accufeel, only to get the reported error, which stopped the process right there.

Regards, Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the extra info Jim.

Does this message appear when you run the uninstaller via the shortcut in the list of "Apps & Features" in Windows Setting?

Or did you uninstall successfully, with message showing when you try to reinstall?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jimh20
Airman Basic

Post by jimh20 »

Hi Nick,
I ran the Accu-Feel 2 P3Dv5 Academic.exe. It detected an exhisting installation, began to uninstall, then displayed this problem.

At that instant, I had the very briefest of glimpses of a window pertaining to DX10.

Regards, Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Jim. Please can you try uninstalling Accu-Feel via its entry in the list of Windows installed Apps ("Settings" → "Apps") and let us know if the behaviour is any different.

If this doesn't resolve the situation, please can you browse to your Windows "Temp" folder (the easiest way to do this is to type %temp% in the Windows search bar) and check if there's a file there called "dxwebsetup.exe". If there is, please delete it.

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jimh20
Airman Basic

Post by jimh20 »

Hi again, Nick,

Accu-Feel is not in the list of apps in Settings,

dxwebsetup.... is not in the Temp folder.

Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Okay, thanks for that. This is the first time this message has been reported so please could you briefly talk me through the situation. For example, did the original installation complete successfully and if so, what indicated the installation appeared to be corrupted? Also, does your PC account have full admin privileges and have you tried running the "run as administrator" option for the installer?

The dxwebsetup.exe is Microsoft's own legacy DirectX web installer package which is packed in the Accu-Feel executable and should run after the main installation has completed. I've uploaded exactly the same file that's in the installer package to here. Please could you try running it and see if it's blocked for any reason on your machine.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jimh20
Airman Basic

Post by jimh20 »

HI Nick,
My PC account does have full admin control and I did run the AccuFeel installer as administrator.

AccuFeel had installed and run on my computer for a long time.

I decided on a whim (stupid me), to install the latest Nvidia driver. The result was P3D5 repeatedly crashing. I had other unrelated problems also.

I decided to restore a backup of each of my C and D drives. I then got complaints about FSUIPC6 and AccuFeel. I re-installed FSUIPC6 - all good.

I ran the AccuFeel P3D5 Installer. It began an Uninstall, only to halt with the error message about "dxwebsetup.exe_1"

Those are my actions, step by step.

Regards, Jim

jimh20
Airman Basic

Post by jimh20 »

Sorry, Nick.
The dxwebsetup.exe you sent me installed perfectly.

Is there any way the AccuFeel installer can be forced to install, rather than look to uninstall a previous installation as a first step?

Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the additional info and trying that with the dxwebsetup.exe. I suspect the most likely explanation is that one or more of the Windows registry keys related to the installation hve become corrupted. Please can you give the Windows "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" a try.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/1758 ... or-removed

If this doesn't help, could you just confirm if you're already using any third-party 'registry cleaner' type software?

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jimh20
Airman Basic

Post by jimh20 »

Hi Nick,
I used Ccleaner for a long time, but it is not installed on this system. Is that something I ought to have?

I ran the troubleshooter for an Uninstall problem, and that solved the problem. I've run the installer, checked in P3D5 and AccuFeel looks just as it should.

I can't thank you enough. I'd never have got there unaided.

Regards, Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Great to hear that the Microsoft troubleshooter fixed the issue for you, and you're very welcome. The Windows registry can be a tricky beast, and to be honest, personally speaking I wouldn't bother with Ccleaner as these programs can sometimes cause issues rather than fixing them. Having said that, it may have been able to resolve the problem in this case if the Microsoft troubleshooter failed to do so.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with this issue and all the best.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”