Any plans for compatibility between Accufeel and P3D

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
Revd
Airman

Any plans for compatibility between Accufeel and P3D

Post by Revd »

May I ask whether there might be any plans to make Accufeel officially compatible with P3D?

Thankyou

Neil G

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Any plans for compatibility between Accufeel and P3D

Post by Scott - A2A »

I believe if there is an fsx.exe present in your P3D folder, and direct the installer to P3D, it will install.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jet
Airman

Post by Jet »

Scott - A2A wrote:I believe if there is an fsx.exe present in your P3D folder, and direct the installer to P3D, it will install.

Scott.
Has this been confirmed?

gpf
Airman First Class

Post by gpf »

I have attempted this and what I get is the Accufeel on the drop down menu but it will not work in the program. The drop down will list the aircraft but with no default settings. When selecting settings for a particular aircraft, and saving it, the Accufeel will not work. Using Prepar3d V2

modelr
Airman

Post by modelr »

I have followed all the instructions, double checked everything, and still no Accufeel 2 in P3Dv2.3. It is present in the folders, xml.dll checks out with proper phrasing, but not present in drop down menu, nor any activity in sim. Tried manual install, putting FSX.exe in main folder, Migration tool ,(the only thing that did edit the xml.dll file,) but no joy on any of them.

New system, new installations. Win7 Professional, 64bit. May have to wait till new version compatible with P3D comes out. :cry:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you installed the FSX simconnect that comes with P3D?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

modelr
Airman

Post by modelr »

There is a SimConnectP3D2.dll in the modules folder. Is this the one, or is there another required?

And where do I get it if a different one is required? I don't find it in the FSX folder anywhere, including the modules folder.
Last edited by modelr on 09 Sep 2014, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

modelr
Airman

Post by modelr »

Lewis, thank you for trying, but still no joy. Went through all steps on the P3D forum you pointed me to. Everything checks out. I even reinstalled everything. All required files are in place. But my Accufeel still does not show in the sim. I will gladly wait for a fully integrated file.

Edit: Update. Finally got it working. Found out by accident that the Virtual FSX for the Migration tool was accidently turned off. None of the controls on any of my A2A aircraft would operate from the joystick or any other input device except mouse and keyboard. They worked on all other aircraft. I was also getting a simconnect error whenever A2A aircraft with Accusim was being tried. After turning the virtual FSX back on, everything works as it should. Extremely strange. But it works.

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

There is indeed an FSX SP1 and SP2 SimConnect in the P3D modules folder, but they are different versions from the ones on the FSX DVDs. With other programs that are from FSX era, I noticed that those dont always work (well). If Accufeel uses the FSX SimConnect versions, it might well be that they wont work properly with the P3D ones and that installing the original SimConnect from the FSX DVDs (SP1 and SP2) will indeed do the trick.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Demious wrote:There is indeed an FSX SP1 and SP2 SimConnect in the P3D modules folder, but they are different versions from the ones on the FSX DVDs. With other programs that are from FSX era, I noticed that those dont always work (well). If Accufeel uses the FSX SimConnect versions, it might well be that they wont work properly with the P3D ones and that installing the original SimConnect from the FSX DVDs (SP1 and SP2) will indeed do the trick.
Actually the versions are exactly the same, hence the P3D ones being named FSX, there are several but the important one is FSX SP2.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”