Touch Down Effect

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
Nigelhj
Airman

Touch Down Effect

Post by Nigelhj »

Having just recently started using Accu-Feel I find it is an absorbing add-on and certainly makes a huge difference to the overall experience of sim flying that I never had before. However, just like to ask that before buying this product I viewed a number of clips from YouTube and noted that some aircraft on touch down produced a brief shake or slight jolt within the cockpit before the usual vibrations felt and heard through the undercarriage when on the runway or taxiway. I have tried adjusting the settings to see if I can reproduce this on the a/c I fly but unfortunately unable to.

Would be grateful if you can advise whether this feature is actually on the software and if so how can I set it but if not, would you consider adding a jolt or shake on touchdown that can be adjusted according to user requirements?

Many thanks in advance.

Late Edit: On browsing through the internet I came across:-

EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I assume that those who posted landings with Acu-Feel where a jarring motion was seen may have been associated with this software? Only a thought but if Accu-Feel believe there is a possibility of adding a jolt upon landing then it would be great.
I know from previous flying experience of some forty years ago (mainly tail-draggers but some tricycle a/c) if you greased the landings there was very little if any, jolts. But an arrival due to certain weather conditions could be a totally different experience!!

Kind regards
Nigel.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Touch Down Effect

Post by Scott - A2A »

Nigel,

This isn't a bad suggestion, since we already have the hooks in the sim, so to speak, to shake the planes. I'm going to put this on my TO DO and experiment with this a bit and if we can have some good results, we may put this effect in. Thanks for posting.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to add to Scott's reply and your own edit. Ezdok is a head mover, and simulates the movement of your virtual head in the simulation, where as Accu-feel moves the aircraft itself to simulate aircraft movements.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nigelhj
Airman

Post by Nigelhj »

Hello Scott and Lewis, many thanks for your replies and of the information as to Ezdok being head mover simulation as apposed to aircraft movements. This suggestion only came about as having seen something similar on YouTube but the effect is realistic as far as flight simulation goes.

Hopefully it may be possible for you to be able to programme it so that it would automatically sense if the aircraft either greased a landing or suffered a harder touchdown than normal much in the same way as it does for turbulance be it slight or heavy.

Kind regards
Nigel.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”