Accu-Sim P-51 Mustang Familiarization Video

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
Hobart Escin

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Mustang Familiarization Video

Post by Hobart Escin »

I will say this: Captain Jakey has about the most AWESOME Dad ever, wow! What other kid gets to go for rides in all the real planes his father models in these simulations.

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

Skycat wrote:Any possibiltiy of a downloadable version of this? YouTube is usually frustratingly choppy for me. I've already spent almost an hour watching just the first twelve minutes of this video.
Another freeware product that will save streaming media (like youtube) and the P51 familiarization video mentioned in this thread is Free Download Manager http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm It serves double-duty as a d/l mgr too for those huge files and is really helpful if one's connection is slow or just unreliable..used it many times and can (when needed) go to sleep, knowing FDM is on the job. Recently a 8G REX download was a snap..set it and forget it. The P51 video saved fine here with the aforementioned program and is about 119 M in flv format
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

CharlieP51 wrote:
Skycat wrote:Any possibiltiy of a downloadable version of this? YouTube is usually frustratingly choppy for me. I've already spent almost an hour watching just the first twelve minutes of this video.
Another freeware product that will save streaming media (like youtube) and the P51 familiarization video mentioned in this thread is Free Download Manager http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm It serves double-duty as a d/l mgr too for those huge files and is really helpful if one's connection is slow or just unreliable..used it many times and can (when needed) go to sleep, knowing FDM is on the job. Recently a 8G REX download was a snap..set it and forget it. The P51 video saved fine here with the aforementioned program and is about 133 M in flv format

I have the A2A P51-D Familiarization Video from youtube saved to disk in .flv -and- also converted to .wmv..I do not have them uploaded anywhere yet..the flv is around 133 M but the wmv (same video quality and resolution) is 886M..several freeware media players like VLC player will play .flv whereas Windows Media Player does not natively support .flv format. If there is a demand I could upload the .flv to skydrive or some other free file sharing service..lemme know..

Happy SKIES to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Cylon
Airman First Class

Post by Cylon »

Hobart Escin wrote:I will say this: Captain Jakey has about the most AWESOME Dad ever, wow! What other kid gets to go for rides in all the real planes his father models in these simulations.
I was thinking the exact same thing watching this video for the first time :) I bet he'll become a pilot one day!

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Thanks for the familiarization video. It's nice to go back from time to time and re-watch the video as a reminder of how the P-51D works, after you haven't flown her for a while.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

Badge
Airman Basic

Post by Badge »

This has been a great learning video thank you very much!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”