SCREENSHOTS (WoP3 P-51 Military)

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Default Key is V to take a screenie which issaved under your 'My Pictures' folder at the resolution you are using.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

antihero6713
Airman First Class

Post by antihero6713 »

hmmm ok Thanks Lewis. Looks like i need to up the resolution then so i can get some good screens of my repaints

Comrade_Bob
Airman First Class

Post by Comrade_Bob »

A dusk takeoff out of Bar E field near Helena, MT. Have ORBX NA scenery for the area.

Tom M.

ImageImageImageImage

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

I know this thread is titled 'Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots' but though a little homage to the Blue Nosers would not be too far out of line....(?)

The 487th Fighter Squadron flight line shortly after VE-Day. Photo:352nd FG Association.

And the Stallion 51 TF-51 birds (notice the two different canopy styles...

Photo by Mike Genuardi @WILD BLUE YONDER Photography
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

Comrade_Bob
Airman First Class

Post by Comrade_Bob »

To finish out the flight from Bar E (MT86), I flew to West Fork Lodge (4U7), a nice little mountain strip. It was a little hairy coming in, but I made it down alright with enough dirt to get the aircraft stopped. Here are a few more shots on the way and on the ground.

Tom M.

ImageImageImageImage

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

Her is my first

Cheers,

Norm

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

ICDP wrote:
whiic wrote:[blah blah and so on]
You aren't being demanding, I never saw any of your posts, or anyone elses as anything other than constructive criticism. :)

Here is a screenshot of the modern warbird "McSwine". It took me 20 minutes to knock this up in the paintkit. I have taken this shot from the side to show the cubemap more clearly. As you pointed out FSX does not allow dynamic cube maps so creating one that doesn't ruin the illusion isn't easy.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/I ... arbird.jpg [img-tag removed to save space drom double-posting]
Here's some more of constructive critique:
See that exhaust stain? It's there on the aluminum but not on the blue paint. There's a clear line, as if the paint was recently applied on uncleaned aluminum surface. Maybe the exhaust stain is a bit too prominent too if you consider the current condition of McSwine. Maybe with less black and produce the effect by dulling the reflectivity of the stain.

In some pictures, exhaust stains on otherwise polished aluminum cool like thin film of oil on water: rainbow colors (in addition to matte black tint of unburnt carbon). This is of course challenging to reproduce for FSX.

Other that that: dayum. I can almost imagine Captain Jake on the back seat.

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

antihero6713 wrote:What are you guys using to make bigger higher rez screenshots?
With FSX in full screen mode, I use the Print Screen button on my keyboard then open Adobe Photoshop and paste the shot into a new box. I may crop the image a little and apply color/contrast changes to suit me. I then save the image to a folder I keep flight sim images in. I then post to a Photobucket account, copy the image location then add that location address in a post here.
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

whiic wrote:Here's some more of constructive critique:
See that exhaust stain? It's there on the aluminum but not on the blue paint. There's a clear line, as if the paint was recently applied on uncleaned aluminum surface. Maybe the exhaust stain is a bit too prominent too if you consider the current condition of McSwine. Maybe with less black and produce the effect by dulling the reflectivity of the stain.
It was just a 20 minute knockup to prove a point. :)
whiic wrote:In some pictures, exhaust stains on otherwise polished aluminum cool like thin film of oil on water: rainbow colors (in addition to matte black tint of unburnt carbon). This is of course challenging to reproduce for FSX.
Something similar to this effect is already there on most of my repaints, but only from certain angles... just like the real effect. Look at the exhaust stains from certain anlges and you will see it.

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

ICDP wrote:
whiic wrote:Here's some more of constructive critique:
It was just a 20 minute knockup to prove a point. :)
I get that. If you however wish to upload the paint at some point (possibly after a few touch-ups), I'm very much interested in flying that highly polished McSwine. It looks so much alike the real McSwine seen on A2A dev videos (and a couple of other YT videos of that plane).

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Arrival at Iwo Jima.

FAC257

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Thanks for the repaints and the "shiny" technique explanations.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

ColGray
Airman First Class

Post by ColGray »

FAC257 wrote:Arrival at Iwo Jima.

whoa thats some nice scenery there!!! could you upload the file? :D

16, American, proud

new reply