SCREENSHOTS (WoP3 P-51 Military)

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post by Fragmentum »

Norforce wrote:Can't wait very outstanding pic's Last one is now desktop :-)
First one is now MY desktop...!
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

They look very Ni! PENGggg and Nuuuuuuuu WOM...

wait hang on. They look awesome! I shall start clearing a space in my hangar with this herring... I mean, broom! Now they've got ME doin it too.

ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Yessir that is a pretty pony plane :shock: :D

Credit card locked and loaded 8)
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Mustangs never flew from RAF Shrubbery... umm... Shawbury, unfortunately. :wink:

Chad Graves
Senior Airman
Location: About a mile from KUDD. With the All American Canal to my back.

Post by Chad Graves »

I better start looking now before they ask for ... another shrubbery... to pay for it.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Guess after picking my jaw off the floor the only question I have is when will we get our hands on the manuals? Would like to print them out, and get my usual Accu-sim POH put together before the release.... Guess I will go buy some printer ink, and a good binder in anticipation.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Speaking of printing, I picked up one of these small little HP work horses a year ago:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm ... RRWidgetID

What I like about this printer:
- Cheap
- Reliable
- Blows first page instantly (no warmup)
- Prints both sides

The printer prints, then sucks the page back in, and prints on the other side. When doing a project, I can just click once and in about 10 minutes, have a complete manual. I hole punch it and that thing follows me everywhere.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Not bad. I picked up a Canon MP640R a few years back on sale for $99. It prints both sides as well, and I love it.. Our old printer before that ate through ink like there was no tomorrow. A set of cartidges on my MP640 though is only $45, and it prints a couple hundred full color pages, or up to 500 black & white. It does have a little bit of a warm up though, but for the price I cannot complain. Not to mention I have it set up on my network at home so it can print from any computer/device inside the house.

I did look at a laser jet before I got the MP640. I just did not want to pay several hundred dollars for the printer. Guess depending on how much you print, and the amount of ink you use whether it works out or not. Will have to book-mark that HP one for a possible future purchase though as $400 isn't to bad if it works well.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Not to turn this into a Printer thread :oops: , but a couple of months ago I spent a mere 40 bucks to get some refillable ink cartridges for my ancient Canon printer. Included in that price was several bottles of ink. Since that time, I have printed out such monsters as the 3000 page pmdg manuals, and at least 2000 more pages of various other things, and I still haven't run out of ink. Aside from getting some ink-stained hands during refills, I estimate that the refillable cartridges have saved me Hundreds of dollars, literally, on ink! Anybody serious about printing out mega manuals should seriously consider looking into the 3rd party, refillable ink! One of the best investments I've made in a long time.

Sorry, carry back on with the P-51 :)
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

There are two major problems with refillable ink cartridges... well, three.

1) Instant warranty invalidation the moment you install them to any major manufacturer's device.
2) The ink tends to dry up a lot faster, so they're only really useful if you print a lot. If you only print occasionally, you'll always have clogged heads (see 1, above, as many printers have fixed heads that require replacing when clogged - Canon are terrible for this).
3) People often don't refill them correctly and they leak all over the place, often rendering the printer useless again.

Provided none of these worry you then they really do save massive amounts of money and are well worth considering.

It's also worth remembering that it's the high cost of ink cartridges that keeps printers cheap, so if everyone switched to refillable cartridges, the price of printers themselves would increase massively. Personally, I don't think that would be a bad thing - it really shouldn't be cheaper to buy a printer than a set of cartridges for one!

Personally, I bought a little Samsung CLP-315 colour laser a couple of years ago and the (tiny!) toner cartridges are still going strong, in spite of some pretty major print runs through it. I also have to agree with Scott that a duplex printer is a major advantage for printing manuals though.

Ian P.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Let me gently push the thread into proper direction. This is the HP I like:

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Set stiz on it, ROB! :mrgreen:

Ian P.

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

ROB - A2A wrote:Let me gently push the thread into proper direction. This is the HP I like:

regards
ROB
:lol:

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Only reason I mentioned a printer in the first place was because I was asking when we would get the P-51 manuals for printing so I could put my POH together.... To which Scott completely danced around the question, and got us side tracked on actual printers. :wink:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You should hear Rob in staff meetings, all he goes on about are smart phones, technology smart phone this, app app app that, on and onnnnnn. :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”