SCREENSHOTS (WoP3 P-51 Military)

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
ICDP
BDG & A2A
Posts: 746
Joined: 22 Jan 2005

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post ICDP »

whiic wrote:All the screencaps are of specular highlight / semi-gloss paints. There used to be a mirror-shining model of P-51D that has made it's appearance in some of the early development videos. Are there mirror-shine paints for the craft, in the condition of the product as it was released? Because Spitfire and P-40 don't support mirroring (even for unofficial repaints) (I think the mirror effect must be enabled on the 3D model level, thus just playing with the bitmaps cannot create mirror effect on a plane that doesn't support it) and seeing all these screencaps to be of specular highlight / medium gloss / semi-matte finish...
Thanks for the compliment, that was the effect I was going for. :)

The bare metal effect is still there on our skins, but it is subtle due to the fact that these aircraft were very dirty and rarely polished. When viewed in motion, rather than from a static screenshot it is easily possible to see the bare metal effect under all that dirt and grime.
whiic wrote:All the screencaps are of specular highlight / semi-gloss paints.Anyway, if there's a polished aluminum skin that comes with P-51D, I'd like to see a screencap of it.
Having said that, yes it is possible to create highly polished relfective skins.

Image

User avatar
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 31569
Joined: 06 Nov 2004
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Lewis - A2A »

Beautiful screenies everyone 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

User avatar
Daube
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 413
Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Location: Nice, France

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Daube »

EDIT: screenshots removed to avoid "inappropriate marketing" of another Mustang.
Last edited by Daube on 03 Jun 2012, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
antihero6713
Airman First Class
Posts: 79
Joined: 01 May 2009
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post antihero6713 »

Image
Just me and the Spitfire in tight formation near princess juliana international airport

Image
Flight of 4 A2A birds over princess juliana international airport
Image

User avatar
Torsten
Airman
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 May 2012

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Torsten »

Thanks for the Skinpack :D

Image

Image

Image

Image
GREETINGS TORSTEN

Image

User avatar
mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 468
Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post mountainhighair »

I love seeing E2-S, my favorite Mustang paint job from the war. And don't worry about polished aluminum skins. My modern skins will have those for sure. :D I need to take a vacation to play with the new Mustang, but something tells me my boss wouldn't quite understand. :)
Image

User avatar
whiic
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 404
Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Location: Finland

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post whiic »

ICDP wrote:
whiic wrote:All the screencaps are of specular highlight / semi-gloss paints. There used to be a mirror-shining model of P-51D that has made it's appearance in some of the early development videos. Are there mirror-shine paints for the craft, in the condition of the product as it was released? Because Spitfire and P-40 don't support mirroring (even for unofficial repaints) (I think the mirror effect must be enabled on the 3D model level, thus just playing with the bitmaps cannot create mirror effect on a plane that doesn't support it) and seeing all these screencaps to be of specular highlight / medium gloss / semi-matte finish...
Thanks for the compliment, that was the effect I was going for. :)

The bare metal effect is still there on our skins, but it is subtle due to the fact that these aircraft were very dirty and rarely polished. When viewed in motion, rather than from a static screenshot it is easily possible to see the bare metal effect under all that dirt and grime.
ICDP wrote:
whiic wrote:All the screencaps are of specular highlight / semi-gloss paints.Anyway, if there's a polished aluminum skin that comes with P-51D, I'd like to see a screencap of it.
Having said that, yes it is possible to create highly polished relfective skins.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/I ... _Metal.jpg [turned image embed to link to save space]
When I meant "mirroring" effect, I didn't mean that. (Or at least from that perpective it looks like diffuse reflection instead of mirror reflection.)

That looks realistic aluminum of non-overly polished yet non-dirty variety. It's not mirroring in "it doesn't produce an intact mirror image that is recognizable" meaning. It has diffuse reflectivity of high reflectivity value plus "specular highlights" rather than mirroring reflection of FSX that uses mirrored pseudo-sky on top surfaces and reflection of pseudo-landscape on lower surfaces. (And I use word "pseudo", since for performance considerations, FSX doesn't render reflections from real-time in-game landscape and sky, but using a static panoramic landscape image. In some cases, you may see a tannish reflection of a desert landscape when you fly over green pastures... (which is one reason why FSX mirroring might actually be inferior to diffuse reflectivity used in Spitfire and P-40)

Example of mirroring I meant:
http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1817.jpg

And yes, diffuse reflectivity looks better than it. But unless the model supports "super-smooth surfaces" that produce non-diffused, mirrored image of pseudo-landscape, you cannot reproduce for example Moonbeam McSwine to FSX world:
A2A P-51D Mustang (Moonbeam McSwine) Walk Around (YouTube)

Whether the real Moonbeam McSwine looks RIDICULOUS being fine-polished that way is a different question. I don't wish to insult the owner of otherwise such a magnificent plane so lets dodge the topic... I'm just curious: can it be done?

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2220
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post pjc747 »

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Posts: 5629
Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Killratio »

pjc747 wrote:
Image


Peter, Peter, Peter....you can't land like that...........you haven't lowered the gear yet!!!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>


Image

ICDP
BDG & A2A
Posts: 746
Joined: 22 Jan 2005

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post ICDP »

whiic wrote:Whether the real Moonbeam McSwine looks RIDICULOUS being fine-polished that way is a different question. I don't wish to insult the owner of otherwise such a magnificent plane so lets dodge the topic... I'm just curious: can it be done?
I have already posted a screenshot showing that it can be done. Relax the painters who want unrealsitic, highly polished shiney aircraft are catered for. :)

User avatar
Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 874
Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Michal - A2A »

pjc747 wrote:Image
Nice, you've been in Australia!

User avatar
Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 288
Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Location: Montana Nomad
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Fragmentum »

Killratio wrote:
pjc747 wrote:
Image


Peter, Peter, Peter....you can't land like that...........you haven't lowered the gear yet!!!
Actually, in this instance, wouldn't he be 'raising' the gear (as in UP towards the sky?)...(grin)
Image
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

User avatar
Torsten
Airman
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 May 2012

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Torsten »

the last from pjc747 is an breathtaking screenshot :o

Image
GREETINGS TORSTEN

Image

User avatar
whiic
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 404
Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Location: Finland

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post whiic »

ICDP wrote:
whiic wrote:Whether the real Moonbeam McSwine looks RIDICULOUS being fine-polished that way is a different question. I don't wish to insult the owner of otherwise such a magnificent plane so lets dodge the topic... I'm just curious: can it be done?
I have already posted a screenshot showing that it can be done. Relax the painters who want unrealsitic, highly polished shiney aircraft are catered for. :)
I cannot deny that repaint being mirror finished, but I cannot confirm it either. Reason is simple: the screenshot is taken from above, not from horizontal, and because of that, you cannot see the reflection of the pseudo-horizon. What I'm looking at is a reflection of pseudo-sky or a diffuse reflection. I just can't tell which one. Maybe I do however see faint traces of pseudo-horizon on certain parts of the fuselage (but not the wings) but I'm not sure. However: if you say it truly mirrors the pseudo-landscape intact (non-diffused), I'll take your word for it.

Could you upload a shinier version of Moonbeam McSwine to match the condition she's today? The weathered version ( http://a2asimulations.com/public/online ... 51/100.jpg ) was your doing if I understood correctly. The weathered version looks awesome... like all the official skins do, too.

EDIT: Replaced a "." with "?" after "Could you upload..."
I'm in no position to demand anything. :p
Last edited by whiic on 30 May 2012, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 288
Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Location: Montana Nomad
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Screenshots

Post Fragmentum »

Torsten wrote:the last from pjc747 is an breathtaking screenshot :o

Image
This looks to be a Mustang from the same group the Geraldine is from...
Any chance I can get a repaint in Geraldine livery????

Pa...leesss!!!

Image
Image
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests