New texture update - more metallic look.

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: New texture update - more metallic look.

Post by Daube »

The A2A Mustang would be nice with a bit of shine...
Last edited by Daube on 02 Jun 2012, 08:52, edited 2 times in total.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Just a bit?

Will this be available for use later on?

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Daube, I have posted several times that the A2A WoP3 P-51D will get more shine, I have also posted images showing it with shine, I have also stated the current model is already capable of plenty of shine. the skinpack downloadable from here already has a very shiny, very glossy skin included.

Here is another screenshot of an already available skin for our P-51D showing a very reflective finish.

In fact, the entire purpose of this thread is to sate my intentions of giving the A2A WoP3 Mustang more shine.

Honestly, I got the point. :)

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hi,
Thanks guys. There are no need for changes in the paintkit, the paintkit will work as is.
I don't know if it's possible but the solution it's maybe add to the paintkit your correction ?

Bye, Olivier.
ImageImageImageImage

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Skulleader wrote:Hi,
Thanks guys. There are no need for changes in the paintkit, the paintkit will work as is.
I don't know if it's possible but the solution it's maybe add to the paintkit your correction ?

Bye, Olivier.
As stated previously there is no need to make changes to the paintkit. Thae base paintkit allow painters to add or reduce shine as they desire. I have already showed a screenshot of a very reflective skin created using the paintkit. The skin I refer to is already available in our skinpack.

Martin

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

I believe this is shine enough ( this is what I managed to get using only the template )

go much beyond this and you paint yourself in a corner, because you can not weather it in any way that will look OK .
Last edited by Tom_Weiss on 02 Jun 2012, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Looks like you just removed some detail layers (grime, dirt, scratches etc.) in the paintkit. That's not how you change the reflectivity of the surface. Rather you need to change the alpha channel. The shades of grey in the alpha channel control how much light is being absorbed/reflected. Completely black would be fully reflective and completely white would be completely dull (or the other way around, can't remember from the top of my head).
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hello Martin,
As stated previously there is no need to make changes to the paintkit. Thae base paintkit allow painters to add or reduce shine as they desire. I have already showed a screenshot of a very reflective skin created using the paintkit. The skin I refer to is already available in our skinpack.
Thank's for this explanation, now everything is OK...

EDIT, Martin please can you tell us if your repaint will be available to download ?
Here the repaint that I speak:

Olivier.
Last edited by Skulleader on 02 Jun 2012, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Jep, there is no need to change the paintkit or the model. Martin's excellent 'Warbird' livery shows very impressive that it is absolutely possible to create very shiny liveries for the WoP3 P-51D 8)

I'm very thankful that Martin is working on an update to supply us with even more modern and shiny liveries :)

Greetings
Tim
Last edited by Tim-HH on 02 Jun 2012, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hi,

WOW awesome texture, I love this work !!!

Please can you tell me if this repaint is available for the WOP3 P-51 ?

A great thank's in advance, Olivier.
ImageImageImageImage

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

Jigsaw wrote:Looks like you just removed some detail layers (grime, dirt, scratches etc.) in the paintkit. That's not how you change the reflectivity of the surface. Rather you need to change the alpha channel. The shades of grey in the alpha channel control how much light is being absorbed/reflected. Completely black would be fully reflective and completely white would be completely dull (or the other way around, can't remember from the top of my head).
no - had I done that I would end up with nothing but a dull finish, this is a base for weathering with all 4 templates already changed for doing that , the color of the metal is still a base layer only.

had I wanted to make a natural metal finish, I would do something like this one that I did for the P-40

natural metal is fun to do, but how many can you make ?

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Skulleader wrote:Please can you tell me if this repaint is available for the WOP3 P-51 ?
Yes, it's available. It's part of Martin's skin pack for the WoP3 P-51D :)

I made only one little modification: I use Bob Rivera's 'Global Env Map' for all bare metal liveries. You can download the texture at Avsim. Just rename the included 'GlobalEnvTest.dds' to 'Env.dds', copy it into the "...\WoP3_P51D\texture.N514DK" folder and overwrite the existing one (don't forget to make a backup first). That's all :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Ishigami
Airman First Class

Post by Ishigami »

I'm well aware that painters are able to produce shiny metal work with the current paint kit. That was not really the request.
What I was asking about is to include your changed specular maps in the paint kit so NOIVCE painters can get a modern looking P-51D without going thru the hassle of experimenting with all kinds of shades in the specular map thremselves. Bascially a premade setting by a professional user to help them getting started so they can get faster results.

Anyway you made you point. Looking forward to your skin pack.

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hello Tim,

A great thank's for your explanations, now I possess one P-51 more metalic...

Best regards, Olivier.
ImageImageImageImage

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

A2A are a business, payware FSX products are their bread and butter and this forum is on their official web site. Please remember this fact and use a bit of common sense before posting images of competing products (along with full details of the author) here. I'm not surprised if your post was edited.

I have showed you many images of the A2A WoP3 P-51D with very shiny reflective textures. I have confirmed repeatedly that I am working on making the default textures more reflective. Please be patient and wait for the update.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”