New texture update - more metallic look.

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: New texture update - more metallic look.

Post by Scott - A2A »

We've cleaned up this thread a bit. There has been a history of some "inappropriate marketing" on our forums directly by and on behalf of other developers.

On the subject of making proper aircraft metal, when you start injecting drawings, paintings, or 3d representations of something to shoot for, you blur the goal. So just like every other aspect of simulation development, refer to real aircraft. In this case, if you want a particular aircraft paint / bare metal, post a picture of the real aircraft.

Here is a pict I took of Glamorous Gal just after we landed:

That section of the nose is about as shiny as you will ever see. It is also important to keep in mind, just how difficult it is to get metal to shine to this extent, and also, how hard it is to maintain it.

This reflection is very close IMO. Take a close look at the nose area:

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Skulleader wrote:Hello dear friends,

I think that anybody I've right !
A2A have created one metal more real like for WWII and now some persons want one metal more polish more modern.
For me I never seen in my life a real P-47 or P-51 and I don't know if A2A have right or not but for me when I look my P-51 something chock my eyes with these texture.
When I look all my P-47 of A2A I said to me: WOW incredible and awesome repaint, the metal is perfect.

My question:
So is it possible to have the same metal for the P-51 that we have for the P-47 ?

I think that everybody have the P-47, please can you watch this warbird in FSX, turn with your camera and after look the P-51, for me there's a difference, no ?

I don't know for you but one mamber named "Daube" have posed the good question with this post:http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=30041

EDIT:
I think that the member named "ICDP" has right, if his work is very good, the A2A's team can integrate his work in your oiginal paintkit or a new paintkit ?

PS: Excuse me for my poor English ^^

I think it would be nice to have the same metal of the P-47 for the p-51, no ?

Best regards, Olivier.
Yeah it would be nice.....Love the duller non reflective paints.....But some looking like they do today as well would be nice.....

mkjordan
Senior Airman

Post by mkjordan »

+1
I agree, I like the "duller rag polished wartime" textures and I think they're probably more "system friendly" too.
BUT I would love some textures like "Glamorous Gal" too. (I'll need RAM AIR for my CPU!!! :D ).

M. Jordan.

fsxar177
Senior Airman

Post by fsxar177 »

Scott - A2A wrote:We've cleaned up this thread a bit. There has been a history of some "inappropriate marketing" on our forums directly by and on behalf of other developers...
In all do respect Scott, I hardly think that was the case with whomever posted the screenshot of another mustang. I thought it was interesting, and added to the thread.

Joseph

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

fsxar177 wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:We've cleaned up this thread a bit. There has been a history of some "inappropriate marketing" on our forums directly by and on behalf of other developers...
In all do respect Scott, I hardly think that was the case with whomever posted the screenshot of another mustang. I thought it was interesting, and added to the thread.

Joseph
I posted about this earlier in the thread but it is worth remembering A2A are a business. Their main source of income is the payware FSX products they release and this forum is on the A2A official web site. I think it's the history of inappropriate marketing by just one or two bad apples was the issue, not specifically this thread.

fsxar177
Senior Airman

Post by fsxar177 »

ICDP wrote:I posted about this earlier in the thread but it is worth remembering A2A are a business. Their main source of income is the payware FSX products they release and this forum is on the A2A official web site. I think it's the history of inappropriate marketing by just one or two bad apples was the issue, not specifically this thread.
I understand that reasoning for sure.

Joseph

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just found this very nice bare metal paint. Screenshot is by Lewis, who I MUST say is actually taking nice screenshots lately :)

From this post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=30150

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Scott - A2A wrote:I just found this very nice bare metal paint. Screenshot is by Lewis, who I MUST say is actually taking nice screenshots lately :)

From this post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=30150

Scott.

It's all "3d Model" and Brilliance of the "paintkit" from A2A.

I took a peak at the paintkit for a bit and couldn't help but notice how well organized and well laid out it is. Not too mention the model aint too shabby either ;)
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”