Help! Dudley! I can't execute a loop!

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Re: Help! Dudley! I can't execute a loop!

Post by renaissanceman »

tf51d wrote: That video may have been mine, and it was knots. Unlike the WWII era 51's (and A2A's models) which speed gauge is in MPH, The ones still flying today in many cases are set in knots. As for flying the loop you need 260kts and in the real Mustang you do pull pretty hard on the stick. ease off a little on the downside, then pull hard again to complete the loop. In FSX though how hard you pull is dependent on your joystick. On mine if I pull back all the way I'll end up in an accelerated stall. If though I just pull till I feel resistance, I can loop pretty easily. Below is the video of my real flight on Crazy Horse performing a loop, as well as other maneuvers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaGwxdvs74

If you are interested in all 3 parts of it, click the link to the playlist in my sig!
Thanks for the input tf51d! Yes, that is the same video. On my setup, I tried to pull until I started to blackout but stalled before I reached that point. I decided to pull until the G meter got close to 4, then as my airspeed bleeds off close to 150 MPH lol, I ease the back pressure and look up for the horizon. I hope to perfect the maneuver this weekend.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

BattleKoala
Airman

Post by BattleKoala »

Can anyone do a loop with full tanks and Salvo? :twisted:
(P51 Mil.)
I would be astonished to find that its possible in these conditions.

Edit: Just did a bare-knuckle flip with 0% fuse 80% left 100% right and full salvo (ammun, 1000 LB bombs and rockets). The Fuse weight makes all the difference. Maybe if I was 50lb lighter I could do it?
Video Link:
https://youtu.be/JppZ9vpb8qg>

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

BattleKoala wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 16:23 Can anyone do a loop with full tanks and Salvo? :twisted:
(P51 Mil.)
I would be astonished to find that its possible in these conditions.

Edit: Just did a bare-knuckle flip with 0% fuse 80% left 100% right and full salvo (ammun, 1000 LB bombs and rockets). The Fuse weight makes all the difference. Maybe if I was 50lb lighter I could do it?
Video Link:
https://youtu.be/JppZ9vpb8qg>
Ooh Ima give that a go myself! :twisted:

Edit-With full wing tanks, empty fuse and 1000lb bombs,ammo and rockets the best I could do was a half cuban :cry:
AKA "Memey"

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”