Weapons release

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
brettt777
Airman

Weapons release

Post by brettt777 »

I have seen where you can mount rockets and bombs on the Mustang, and then release them. There obviously isn't anything blowing up, but you can still drop bombs and shoot rockets. I have also seen where you can load up ammo for the guns. So, is there some way to fire the guns?

ManBroDude
Airman

Re: Weapons release

Post by ManBroDude »

to the best of my knowledge, it's there for future tac-pack integration.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Brett,

My understanding is that the choice to load ammo in the wings is more about accurately adding weight to the appropriate part of the aircraft, should it be selected. There is no way to fire the guns. The best you can do, if you want to return from a mission empty, is to select Shift-4 and remove the ammo at some point in the flight. Not very immersive, but to my knowledge that is as close as it gets.

Joe
Joe

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

FSX is not a shootem up sim :-)
Last edited by Norforce on 13 Mar 2013, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Rudyjo
Senior Airman

Post by Rudyjo »

If you go to the P-51 CONFIGURATOR, you can put in a keystroke for BOMBS RELEASE, which should release any bombs that are selected.
I have not yet tried this, but remember seeing BOMB RELEASE as one of the things that can be set to a keystroke.
This would be more realistic than bringing up SHIFT-4 to get rid of them before landing.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Rudy, you can release bombs and drop tanks from the actual mechanism in the cockpit, but Brett's question was specific to guns.

Joe
Joe

Rudyjo
Senior Airman

Post by Rudyjo »

Joe: Your right, I should have re-read the question before hitting the reply button.
I put a keystroke [R] on Bomb release, it's neat to watch the bombs fall while in the exterior view.

Cylon
Airman First Class

Post by Cylon »

AI traffic would make for good target practice :wink:

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

There are a couple of add-ons - CS's "Weapon" for example and I think there's a freeware equivalent as well - which will allow you to gun the AI out of the sky. I had the old A2A Spit I set up for Weapon when I was asked to review it, but as the review was never published for reasons I now forget, I haven't reinstalled it since.

TBH, shooting down the AI has no challenge at all and it gets boring very quickly. You need something that dodges at least a bit. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

Norforce wrote:FSX is not a shotem up sim :-)
Say that to tac-pack and superbug owners :mrgreen:

Marine1
Airman Basic

Post by Marine1 »

After getting this, I had to arm the guns. I'm using CaptSims Weapons. I've made it so all 6 guns fire, and aim off the gun-sight. I'll see if I can upload a short vid to youtube.

M1

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”