Gear and flap problems with P-51

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Gear and flap problems with P-51

Post by DHenriques_ »

alan CXA651 wrote: 21 Oct 2016, 16:59 Hi Pete.
Glad you are back flying again, the cold dark set up for this aircraft is wrong slightly , the geardoors and flaps should be down and hyd press dumped , but handle should then be pushed in again, ready for next flight , but this handle is always out in cold dark set up, and you have to push it in as part of your pre flight checks, in order to get the hyd press , else you never get gear and flaps up.
Regards alan. 8)

Fairing door release handle is normally left pulled out and not reset after shutdown. Parked, especially if on a hot asphalt ramp somewhere you want all the hydraulic pressure off the internal lines to prevent leaks if the fluid expands against the line connection joints. Pushing the handle in is part of the preflight internal procedure before the next engine start.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

supersym2 wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 04:46 Hi !
I've an issue about that :
When i put cold and dark, I follow all the checklist to put on the engine. and when I want to move the plane stay at the same place. The flaps work well. The hydraulic pressure is ok.
If I press automatic startr up, the led of my switch panel pro fliht light on and the plane move...
The gear buttom is set with FSUIPC and it works all the time.
An idea ?

Thanks...
Hi,

Not too sure I follow what the issue is here; do you mean the aircraft jumps forwards when the aircraft start with auto-start?

Please can you start a new topic in the P-51 tech support and let us know which host sim platform you're using so we can help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

supersym2
Airman

Post by supersym2 »

no worries, but just a question before :
is that possible that if I push the handle of the hydraulic pressure only after start up, it put the mess with the lang gear and it don't allow the plane to move ?
Sorry for my bad english... :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ah - I think I see what you're asking. No, if you leave the emergency landing gear release handle pulled out, it won't lock the brakes on or anything. However, it also won't mean there's a loss of brake function, as the hydraulic system operation of the brakes is separate to that of the flaps and landing gear.

It might be worth double-checking how the parking brake is being controlled with your setup?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

supersym2
Airman

Post by supersym2 »

I found the culprit : battery buttom from my swicth panel !
I guess still affected because of a lua file for the C172 in the fsuipc.ini ...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Glad to hear you found the culprit and thanks for posting back to let us know.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”