{NEED HELP} NA P51 CVL Mustang startup problem (must be me) PLEASE HELP

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
ironmanthe3000
Airman

{NEED HELP} NA P51 CVL Mustang startup problem (must be me) PLEASE HELP

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

Firstly, I in love with this aircraft as p51d and j3 cub are the two a2a birds in my hanger, which dominate everything. I only recommend and prefer a2a birds and my freinds who has P3D agrees with me as they saw p51d on fsx they bought 9 as far as i remember) c172 and cherokee...........
I would like to thank you for bringing the real simulation at low fps cost, simmers like me with low pc can run aircraft at its full potential is a gift from you guys.....
BTW i loved cub so much that i have almost 7140.3 hours in j3 cub.
and FYI I am not tech master like i can use msWORD, msPAINT and the fsx and birds that my friend gifted me years ago....

PLEASE SIR PLEASE HELP>>>>>

When I turn mags on in the airplane, immediately after start the plane launches/jumps a few (5 or 7) feet from its initial position, like a rocket. here's what i do i set cutoff valve on, turn on the fuel boost pump, wait until fuel pressure rises, primes the engine for 4 seconds, turn on the starter, wait of 6 blades, and i have already set throttle to 5 percentage and prop to full rpm, i turn the mags to both, takes some time to ignite the engine but just as the engine starts the plane flies in to air and drops 7 feet ahead, with like full throttle sound , and my prop strikes or my landing gear brakes. and even i have stick pulled in my lap....
guys it must be none of the birds fault..But please sir help me what im doing wrong.
this was the reason i have many hours in cub XD ....

AND i do not even push and pull back throttle to start the engine i follow every procedure in video but i miss something...... :fsx:

THANKS FOR SPENDING VALUABLE TIME SIR AND REPLYING ME, MUCH APPRECIATED... :D :D :D :a2a: :a2a:

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: {NEED HELP} NA P51 CVL Mustang startup problem (must be me) PLEASE HELP

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I have seen behaviour like that from the FSX Civilian Mustang and have dumped it on its nose a few times...either that or it takes off across the ramp and brakes will not stop it. Your start procedure seems correct so it doesn't appear to be that causing the issue. The times that I've seen it happen are during a flooded start or after being shut down on a ramp for a while and leaving the sim running until I return. Does it do that if you start a new flight with the Mustang? Also please ensure you're not saving a flight with the Mustang, as the complex addon will create strange issue during loading.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

First of all, hello and welcome to the A2A forums!

It sounds a bit like a corrupt load of the aircraft in the sim may be causing this issue. As Rob says, saving a complex add-on aircraft as part of the default scenario can be one cause of this. Please can you let us know which aircraft first shows when you launch P3D?

Similarly, third-party software which 'launches' the sim can sometimes cause unpredictable behaviour. Do you have any other add-ons which are being loaded during the start-up, particularly any which you recently added?

Also, any other recent changes to your system which coincided with this problem starting to show itself? For example, have you recently switched from FSX to P3D, or similar and are both sims still present on your system?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

sorry forgot to mention its FSX

My start up aircraft is default c172 from fsx
I do not use any third party addons just to save fps on sim as i have low pc
i am not saving flight
it does that every time i start new game in fsx
it does that like everytime i launch fsx and when i am at friday harbour at ga parking and i try to start it does at beginning but after i turn it in cold and dark from shift+3 it does not do that it is like periodic like every x times when i load and start cold and dark
i have this beautiful bird fully updated too :a2a:

I am so addicted to this aircraft and i have emotional feelings attached( my best friend gifted me on my birthday we used to fly together on his sim, but he fell in bathroom went into coma and died :cry: thats why im attached to this) and i dont have enough money to buy new pc thats why i seeked for help, you guys are amazing, Thanks for helping me out. THANKS ALOT

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 02 May 2020, 10:10 I have seen behaviour like that from the FSX Civilian Mustang and have dumped it on its nose a few times...either that or it takes off across the ramp and brakes will not stop it. Your start procedure seems correct so it doesn't appear to be that causing the issue. The times that I've seen it happen are during a flooded start or after being shut down on a ramp for a while and leaving the sim running until I return. Does it do that if you start a new flight with the Mustang? Also please ensure you're not saving a flight with the Mustang, as the complex addon will create strange issue during loading.

Cheers,
Rob
YES SIR it could be flooded , would you you mind if i asked you to how not to flood? and what to do if flooding occured? and how to know its flooded?

im new to this plane like only 200 hours, i just installed it my pc two days ago, it was a gift from him to me, since past 3 years i havent played after accident of my friend :cry: thats why i get confused...

sorry to interrupt you and my sincere apology for consuming your time. THANKS FOR HELP

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

the amount of priming is relative to outside temp, engine temp, altitude and maybe some other things. If the engine does not start, keep mixture to Idle Cut Off, and open the throttle. make sure you are ready to close the throttle if/when the engine catches.
A little cheat: not in the POH(Pilot Operating Handbook)
1: Engage starter
2: count 6 blades
3: Magnetos to both
4: start priming

When the amount of priming is correct, the engine should start.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:46 the amount of priming is relative to outside temp, engine temp, altitude and maybe some other things. If the engine does not start, keep mixture to Idle Cut Off, and open the throttle. make sure you are ready to close the throttle if/when the engine catches.
A little cheat: not in the POH(Pilot Operating Handbook)
1: Engage starter
2: count 6 blades
3: Magnetos to both
4: start priming

When the amount of priming is correct, the engine should start.
thank you sir i will do that i guess my problem is solved.

Its flooding it was my fault and lack of system knowledge in mustang.

I Thank you guys for solving my problem asap.

by the way im planning on buying aerostar as soon as it releases....

one thing nobody compares to your simulation.....
EAST OR WEST A2A SIMULATIONS IS BEST

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a: :a2a:

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”