Can't Decide Between Military or Civilian

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
lowew79
Airman First Class

Can't Decide Between Military or Civilian

Post by lowew79 »

Title says it all. Part of the issue is other than electronics and and avionics, I don't really understand the difference between them. Is one faster? More maneuverable?

Side Note: If the flight dynamics are the same, has or would A2A consider a discount for buying both?

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: Can't Decide Between Military or Civilian

Post by MkIV Hvd »

They are essentially the same airplane with the same performance, but with addition of a modern avionics suite and a couple of other upgrades in the Civilian Mustang.

I have both but rarely fly the military version and there is no discount for buying them both :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

lowew79 wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 13:10 Title says it all. Part of the issue is other than electronics and and avionics, I don't really understand the difference between them. Is one faster? More maneuverable?

Side Note: If the flight dynamics are the same, has or would A2A consider a discount for buying both?
The civilian version was done with the avionics needed to take advantage of what's available in the sim. You can fly VFR or IFR with the civilian version. VERY good for cross country flying and needed for instrument approaches.
The civilian version gives you much more choice in how you fly the Mustang in the sim.
Dudley Henriques

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

I also have both but rarely fly the civ lol. The mil can take more fuel in the form of drop tanks if that's your thing but I don't fly it for that long personally, as far as working equipment goes it also has a tail radar which you guessed it, tells you if someone is on your tail which is fun when flying with others and it is kind of capable of radio navigation with VORs but the headings are given to you on the shift 5 map rather than someone based at them telling you which is what would've been done irl.
AKA "Memey"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

From a purely personal pov I like the Mil because I love the warbird element and being able to use drop tanks, but for sure I do miss the modern avionics sometimes when flying with friends when they are in the Civ more easily able to navigate and fly in less than ideal weather conditions thanks to how the Civ is kitted out.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 14:40 I also have both but rarely fly the civ lol. The mil can take more fuel in the form of drop tanks if that's your thing but I don't fly it for that long personally…
Lewis - A2A wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 09:11 From a purely personal pov I like the Mil because I love the warbird element and being able to use drop tanks…
It appears to me that the perfect solution would be to add drop tanks to the Civ Mustang… :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I think the CAA might take issue with the rockets, bombs and ammo I also like :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 09:23 I think the CAA might take issue with the rockets, bombs and ammo I also like :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ahhh...yes I suspect that is a distinct possibility... :wink: :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Yeah I also like the ammo and bombs but from a functional pov they don't do much :lol:
AKA "Memey"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:41 Yeah I also like the ammo and bombs but from a functional pov they don't do much :lol:
Try flying more than straight and level and tell me weights don't do much in flying :shock: :mrgreen:

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:41 Yeah I also like the ammo and bombs but from a functional pov they don't do much :lol:
Just like peeing yourself in a dark suit...it feels good, but nobody really notices...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:45
Try flying more than straight and level and tell me weights don't do much in flying :shock: :mrgreen:
Oh for sure but that's not them functioning just being heavy :wink:
AKA "Memey"

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

lowew79 wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 13:10 Title says it all. Part of the issue is other than electronics and and avionics, I don't really understand the difference between them. Is one faster? More maneuverable?

If you are like most of us, you'll end up with both of them anyway. :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

colokent
Airman

Post by colokent »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:45
Just like peeing yourself in a dark suit...it feels good, but nobody really notices...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I can't believe it....I use that quote ALL the time! And I first heard about it as a General Tommy Franks quote...

Kent

colokent
Airman

Post by colokent »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 09:23 I think the CAA might take issue with the rockets, bombs and ammo I also like :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis
There is a solution....give us a Cavalier variant of both the military, but especially the civilian bird with high tail and optional tip tanks!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”