Cavalier F-51 A hopeless wish, I know...

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
colokent
Airman

Cavalier F-51 A hopeless wish, I know...

Post by colokent »

All,

I have "rediscovered" the WONDERFUL WoP Accu-Simmed P-51D, both civilian and military. I have even begun to pay attention to Dudley's hints (for two years I have been crashing a lot at take off because I put in the 6 degrees of "aileron" trim he suggested...only to re-read what he said, and realize like a dope, it was RUDDER TRIM he advised....be advised takeoffs going a LOT better now (Moral: RTFC-- "Read the &%$# Checklist!")...including using using the left tire at takeoff to counteract the torque...it can be a lifesaver).

That said, I also have delved down into the history of Trans Florida Aviation and their Cavalier mods. I love the mods they did for military variants for Central America, and I REALLY love the idea of their Executive mods. I just wish we could get a little love from A2A and get a few of these mods. on both the civilian and military birds. My priority of mods from the top (highest going down) would be:

Civilian Variant:
1. Cavalier Tail
2. Cavalier Canopy
3. Option for a version with Cavalier Tip Tanks

Military Variant:
1. Cavalier Tail
2. Option for pilot in modern (1960s) helmet
3. Option for modern (1960s) underwing drop tanks
4. Option for a version with Cavalier Tip Tanks
5. Option for Cavalier Canopy

I know for their track record, there is a 99%+ chance this isn't going to happen, because most folks here I believe are into warbirds and I can't think of a scenario business-wise where A2A could sell enough of these variants to make it worth their while profit-wise (and I TOTALLY understand that...it's a business for gosh sake)....I just love those Cavaliers....

Just venting...and in the final analysis, AWFULLY happy for what A2A has done by releasing a civilian version. But still...in my dreams, I would love to see at least Cav-tailed -D options for Civilian and military at a minimum.

Kent

P.S. If you could only do ONE addition that would be simply wonderful to allow us to simulate some of the Central American Cav birds, it would be to at least make the civilian pilot figure selectable in the military P-51D variant between the WWII, leather cap guy and the ability to select a the pilot figure that is the same as the 1960s helmet style in the F-100D...

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”