trackir and the p51

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
guard2017a
Airman First Class

trackir and the p51

Post by guard2017a »

Hi guys I am curious do any of you when flying use Trackir.If so what kind of settings are you using.I have been watching tutorials but am confused.Any help will be appreciated thank you

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: trackir and the p51

Post by Jacques »

It is really a very personal preference when it comes to fine tuning TrackIR, but the link below is a really good starting point. Everything you need to know about setting up your own profile is covered and examples given on how to fine tune each axis. You should watch it through one time, then start TrackIR on your computer and watch it again while pausing to navigate the interface yourself. The truth is it takes very little time to understand how everything comes together and then its just a matter of starting TrackIR and your sim, getting in the cockpit and starting to shape the curves to fit your own preferences. As you fly your profile you will invariably make changes along the way. But the interface is simple and changes are quick To make on the fly. Name and Save your profile and place one copy in an archive file as a backup.

Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/qdefLYQ9uYA

I should add, it is really important to always isolate each axis as you set and test each curve. Doing one axis allows you to see precisely the changes you make, and whether you like them or not.

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

thank you i will do that

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Thanks for the link Jacques! Followed it through and now realize how badly mine was setup before this.

Mike

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Bought it, tried it, didn't like it, and set it aside. Then a couple of years later I took the time to tweak the settings and now I won't fly without it. Wonderful tool, and better, I think, than current VR setups.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

The only tweaking I've done is to select the default profiles, so I'm sure there are improvements that could be made. However, it works great and I also will never fly without TrackIR again :D

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Hey Rob, try the tutorial. I was using default as well and with the new settings has really improved my view without the neck strain that came with it before.

Mike

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Thanks Mike.
No neck strain here or any other issues really, but I'll give it a look to see what can be improved...always up for that... :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

One suggestion. Assign a couple of buttons/keys to the 'Center' and 'Pause' functions in the 'Profiles'.'Edit'.'HotKeys' Menu.

I use the Center to extend my view beyond what the profile allows. Looking opposite of the direction you want to look and hitting Center allows you to look further in the desired direction. If I want to look further left I turn my head to the RIGHT and hit center. I am then able to look further left.

To return to 'normal' simply look straight ahead and hit 'Center'. This becomes 2nd nature very soon.

As for the 'Pause' function, I use that when I need to use the mouse to tune a radio or activate a function that I don't have mapped to my controllers. This keeps you from having to try to hold your head steady while performing mouse actions :)

Paul

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Thanks for the tips Paul!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”