low max airspeed

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

low max airspeed

Post by Masterius »

A few days ago I did some (re)arranging of my flight sim setup, and now have both my Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. as well as my Pro Flight Yoke running, with each mapped to their own unique USB port. As well, I have Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, two additional throttle quadrants, a switch panel and radio panel. I've carefully checked (and rechecked) assignments--USB, LINDA and FSUIPC--to ensure that there have been no conflicts between using the stick versus yoke, or throttle versus throttle quadrant.

I'll admit having little flight time with the P-51, spending most of my time picking up the pieces after less-than-stellar take-offs...well take-off attempts. :? Lately, I've been taking off rather smoothly, and have had little trouble once I've cleared the ground. However, today I've encountered a problem, and I can't figure out the cause. Unlike all my previous flights, today I was using the X-52 stick and throttle. Everything else remained the same, except for the axis/button/key reassignments necessary for the adaptation from yoke to stick.

The first take-off went badly. :oops: The second went quite smoothly, and up came the landing gear as I throttled back a bit from take-off settings. However, at straight and level flight, at 2,000 feet, the fastest airspeed I could achieve was just about 225 IA. Everything looked fine, I couldn't see anything different or abnormal. I did a go-around and landed, shut down the engine, then did a "auto-start" in case I did overlook a setting. Another take-off, and again, the max airspeed I could reach without redlining the engine was just about 225.

Nothing has changed since the last time I flew other than adding the X52, but I can't see where that would effect max airspeed. Has anyone else experienced such a low max airspeed?

Masterius
Senior Airman

Re: low max airspeed

Post by Masterius »

nvm

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”