P-51 prop damage

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

P-51 prop damage

Post by B.A.Bubba Blaney »

I am new to A2A and have an issue... When taxiing back into the ramp, I accidentally hit the gear lever and the gear retracted and bent all 4 blades of the propeller. 1st of all after my initial download of the product, the maintenance hangar and the other sub screens do not display, which I am thinking that that is where I could get the prop replaced... So I uninstalled the P-51 and reinstalled everything, but still the hanger does not appear and the prop is still bent. I do not know what to try now. I love the plane, but this is very frustrating for me and although I know I'm old and not very computer literate, I am always happy to pay the price asked for a product that I think and hope is worth it. I had flown the plane exactly for 20 minutes before this happened. I thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer to: #1) get the prop fixed and #2) assist me in getting the maintenance hanger and other screens to appear. I also tried to uninstall the entire package and re-installed to no benefit., for when I reloaded the plane, after a few seconds, the prop went into the bent shape. As usual, I suspect that it is something simple that I'm doing wrong and welcome any assistance offered. Thank you.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-51 prop damage

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome,

Yes, the maintenance hangar is definitely where you need to be headed in this case. If it's not showing when you press the Shift 7 key combo, there are a couple of thing you can try initially. First of all, make sure the global panel transparency hasn't inadvertently been set to 100%. Secondly, check that the key strokes for opening the panel windows haven't been remapped. If you're unsure, you can actually try opening the panels through the top menu in the sim.

For more detailed troubleshooting advice, please can you let us know exactly which host sim you're using (e.g. FSX, FSX Steam version, P3Dv4, P3Dv5) as some of the steps and menu options will differ depending on the platform.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

Thank you for the quick reply Nick. I'll check all that you suggest and let you know. I am using FSX

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

Hi Nick... I checked and I cannot see anything done wrong in my set up. When I select view/instrument panel, all of the sub panels: Checklist, maintenance hanger, etc... all show as available, but when I select the hanger, nothing happens. I did download the three files properly and they all showed that they were installed properly. Thanks for the continued support and advise.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please let us know this aspect so we can better help
"For more detailed troubleshooting advice, please can you let us know exactly which host sim you're using (e.g. FSX, FSX Steam version, P3Dv4, P3Dv5) as some of the steps and menu options will differ depending on the platform."
Are your 2d panels from the virtual cockpit using shift + 1,2,3,4 etc working on any of your aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

Hi Nick... Yes. I have the panels mapped to a keyboard. I have over 100 A/C and the panels buttons work on every one... except the A2A Mustang. As I mentioned, the 'panels' are selectable when I go to Views/Instrument panels, and when I select them, say the Maintenance hanger, the check mark shows beside the choice, but no new window opens.

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

Nick... the other trouble I am having may shed some light on this issue... I also purchase (in the past) some other aircraft and when I try to load the aircraft, only parts of the a/c are showing. This has happened on several occasions and I am usually so flustered, I just don't purse a solution and go back to my old favorites. I have purchases many many different planes and helicopters, but this has happened on some (not all, as I have most of their FSX planes) Carenado planes (the 350i and Pa-46T) as well as the P-51 from Just Flight... and the Aw139, which I can't remember where I bough that one. All of these issues seems to be a graphics issue, but due to covid, I have not been able to seek assistance from my computer guy to try to resolve. The whole P-51 from A2A showed and is beautiful and I just love the detail and working of the panel and start up sequence... but I need to get this prop fixed! :-)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info B.A.

If you're running the disk version of FSX, without the Acceleration add-on, have you installed both the free service packs from Microsoft? If not, they're available from the site below. However, please don't install them over the Steam edition or Acceleration edition.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content. ... vice-Packs

I also recommend you try running the legacy FSX SimConnect installer. You can download this from here.

One other file to download and install if you haven't already is the FSX Accu-Sim update which is available from this pinned topic.

Once you're tried these steps, please can you let us know if the issue still persists.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

Where I just purchased the Mustang the other day, is it safe to assume that the latest update was in the package?

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

Thank you for the continued assistance. I will try the items you suggest. I do know that all service packs have been installed. I'll report back.

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

So, I am sorry to report that I made no progress. However, my computer guy says that he can "remote" in and try to help me, so I'll report back after this happens in a few days.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update. Please keep us posted and let us know if we can try to assist further.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

B.A.Bubba Blaney
Airman Basic

So sorry to say... it's me again... Bruce Blaney. So I had my computer guy upgrade my graphics cards and switched over to an SSD and still no luck in getting the maintenance hanger to show up so i can't fix the prop and am dead in the water. Any ideas? Is there a way that we can completely uninstall the package and then re-install it? You are welcome to remote into my machine if you ever do that.
Thank you.

Bruce

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bruce,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Remote troubleshooting sometime over the next few days may be worth a try if you're happy with this. If so, please could you let me know which version of Windows you're using and what country/time zone you're in?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”