Installation Problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
UAL1287
Airman Basic

Installation Problem

Post by UAL1287 »

I just purchased the P-51 + Accusim and somehow my installation became corrupted. I tried a complete uninstall and then re-install, including a new download, without success. On initial FSX startup with the P-51, it appears that the gear has collapsed and hydr. pressure is non-existent. I suspect that somehow I am not completely uninstalling the aircraft and there is a residual file somewhere preventing a fresh install. A little help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

SateliteOrbits
Airman

Re: Installation Problem

Post by SateliteOrbits »

I dont think your file is corrupt. Just to make sure I want you to follow these steps:

Turn the master battery on, then the cockpit lights, followed by the instrument lights so you can see what you are doing.

Then press SHIFT + 3 and click on the Jacks button, then close the window. Then press SHIFT + 7 and check to see if anything is broken if it is just click on the name. If there apperes everything on the airplane is marked in red, press the complete overhaul. Then press SHIFT + 7 again to close the window.

NOTE: Make sure the gear handle is in the down position.

Now to get pressure with the engine not running, make sure the Emergency gear fering door relese handle is in the up position. Then press SHIFT + 3 and click on Aux. hydraulic pump and let it run for about 20 seconds. While it is running, you will notice the hydraulic pressure gage rise, you will hear the gear doors rise, the gear lock, and then the gear doors lock.
This is also a good time to check and see if your flaps are up. Raise the flap handle all the way up if it is not already and the flaps should rise with the aux. pump on.

If it has been 20 or 30 seconds check to see if the Unsafe light is on (it is the red light) if it is still on then it is beyond my knowladge of what is wrong. If the green light indicator is lite then turn the Aux. hydraulic pump off, take the aircraft off of the jacks, and follow the start up procdure.
Happy flying!

UAL1287
Airman Basic

Post by UAL1287 »

Unfortunately, the Aux. hydr. pump does not come on. Nothing shows up as being broken in the maintenance hangar. The red light stays on. I'm stumped. That's why I think a clean new install is in order but it seems that the normal uninstall procedures don't get everything. I do appreciate your suggestions!

Phil

UAL1287
Airman Basic

Post by UAL1287 »

Aha....the emergency gear release handle was not in the proper position. I was able to get everything up and running properly and then shut down properly. However, after closing FSX and then restarting, the same problem exists and I have to go through the same procedures; jack the plane up, aux hydr., etc. Isn't the aircraft supposed to save the ending state when leaving FSX?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Go to your Documents folder you will have an A2A folder open it open the FSX then the P51 folder remove all the dat files that are in the P51 folder restart FSX
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

UAL1287
Airman Basic

Post by UAL1287 »

Removing the dat files did not work.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

its very very rare for installs themselves to be corrupt, in fact I think its impossible as any corruption would mean a program wouldnt install. I think your error points to either a corrupt default flight within FSX itself, or if it was ok and then stopped working corrupt .dat files, which as pointed out already in this thread can just be deleted and then new ones will be generated when you next start the aircraft.

Upon loading the Mustang have you check the maintenance hanger to correct/repair any issues?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

UAL1287
Airman Basic

Post by UAL1287 »

Hi Lewis --

I finally got everything working properly again (just a few minutes ago). What I did was follow the instructions in this thread jacking up the aircraft, restoring hydr. pressure, etc., etc., until the aircraft was once again in its cold and dark pre-flight state. Then, with FSX still running, I deleted both the accusim dat files as well as the P-51 dat files. Then I started the Mustang and let it warm up. Then I shut it down and again deleted both the dat files. I then shut down FSX and restarted it. It's now working (properly) and I thank you all for the help! BTW, the maintenance hangar never showed any errors.

Thanks again!

Phil

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie Phil,

great stuff, glad its all upa nd working for you. If it happens again, try changing the default flight and or loading the aircraft after loading a default c172 at your airport of choice via the free flight menu.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Possibly is the starting flight. Try using the default starting flight, and in the opening screen, change to an airport. Once the flight starts, at an airport, with the Trike, then change to the P51. Scott made a point to mention this with this aircraft.
Before I switched back to the default starting flight, I had some weird things happen when loading the P51. Now all is right.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”