Tail Wheel Lock Not Working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
badenbr
Airman

Tail Wheel Lock Not Working

Post by badenbr »

Hi Guys

After not flying the FSX for a while I endeavoured to go or a spin in my favorite A2A model the P51 and discovered to my dismay that I am having a problem with the tail wheel lock which I have not had issue with previously, basically I am not getting tail wheel response to rudder inputs. After reading some of the posts in the forums I saw reference to a tail wheel lock in the FSX bindings which I have checked and can confirmed are set to the default Shift+G for tail wheel lock/un-lock. Using this key combination in game had no affect on the tail wheel which still fails to respond to rudder inputs. I have also tested with stick in all positions still with no control over the tail wheel.

I then loaded the A2A Spitfire to see if it had a similar issue and discovered that the tail wheel works correctly on that model so I know it is not a hardware or software issue but is something to do with the P51 model specifically. Very keen to get back up in the Mustang and would greatly appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on how I might resolve this frustrating problem.

Thanks
Windows 7, 64bit | 8gb of DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 1 gb | CPU I7-3770 3.4g-3.9g | FSX, Acceleration | Windows firewall ON | FSUIPC is installed | UAC is off | EZdok & TrackIr Installed | TM Warthog throttle and stick | Saitek combat pedals

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tail Wheel Lock Not Working

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you have posted in the FS2004 Mustang forum. Can you please let me know which product you need some assistance with as we have produced 4 P-51 products over the years.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

badenbr
Airman

Re: Tail Wheel Lock Not Working

Post by badenbr »

Ooops sorry for the confusion Lewis... the version I have installed is Wings of Power 3 P-51 Mustang purchased in September 2012
Thanks
Windows 7, 64bit | 8gb of DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 1 gb | CPU I7-3770 3.4g-3.9g | FSX, Acceleration | Windows firewall ON | FSUIPC is installed | UAC is off | EZdok & TrackIr Installed | TM Warthog throttle and stick | Saitek combat pedals

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”