Lights not working (Happened twice)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Lights not working (Happened twice)

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

So I had taxied out and i was doing my runup when i noticed that the light didn't go on when i switched the supercharger to high and then i realised that the same was happening to the gear (red and green) lights. Nothing changed when i pushed them to test and the nav lights were on and fine I even tried with the gpu. I ended up saving the flight and loading it up again this fixed it but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if a2a knew about it.
AKA "Memey"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Lights not working (Happened twice)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you all updated, I guess this in FSX?

How are you loading the flight?

Are you using any other third party software that might change battery powers such as FSUIPC etc?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Hi I'm in p3d v 4.4 i use ezdok 2, active sky, orbx and of course a2a :D . I think it's to do with v 4.4 (i didn't do a complete reinstall just the client) so i'm reinstalling my a2a stuff just incase something was overridden. I load the flight from the menu i select my plane airport and time then i load this has been fine for me so far. Thanks-He11dude also yes i'm updated
AKA "Memey"

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

You said you had just finished taxiing.
I imagine your battery was simply empty by that time. If I remember correctly, the generator on the Mustang does not give any power until the engine goes above 1.500 RPM, which is very unlikely during taxi.
That being said, connecting the GPU should have solved that empty battery problem...

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Happened again but the green gear light was on and fine so it definitely is a bug

Edit-reloading the aircraft seems to fix it and it saves it state (other than trim) so i can live with this but if it could be looked into that'd be great :)
AKA "Memey"

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Haven't been able to reproduce this one yet I'm afraid HE11DUDE04. In the latest case you mention above, are you 100% certain the supercharger switch went all the way to the high position?

If you can reproduce this issue systematically, please give us a shout.

Thanks,
Nick

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Haven't been able to reproduce this one yet I'm afraid HE11DUDE04. In the latest case you mention above, are you 100% certain the supercharger switch went all the way to the high position?

If you can reproduce this issue systematically, please give us a shout.

Thanks,
Nick
Sure i think it might be to do with active skys beta for p3d v4.4 as i stopped using it and the issue appears to be gone
AKA "Memey"

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

I've had the same problem since day one. Currently I'm on P3Dv4.5HF3 but the issue was also present whatever the version of P3D and whatever the P-51 version (Civilian or military).

-It only affects all the warning lights:
Gear Position Lights
Oil/Fuel/Generator Warning Lights

Moreover, these lights can be controlled by pressing on them and of course, no light...

The amazing thing is that from one flight to another, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
From my side, it has nothing to do with Activ Sky.

The problem is also present in P3Dv5. Yes, I know that there is no installer available for this latest version yet, but since everything else works normally, I doubt the installer will change anything about it.

-On the other hand, on the occasion of the portability to P3Dv5, if you could please have a look at this "glitch" (little), it would be nice. Thank you.

Regards,
Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Just wondering if anyone has honed in on what might cause this? I did a flight today with the exact same sim set up, only difference being I had swapped out the cloud and grass textures, and I lost my warning lights too. After a flight of around 45mins with Gen on I had no greens when the gear was dropped. Have seen this happen before in the Spit sometimes where perhaps the Gear light doesn't work and thought that might be to do with battery.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Did it again this morning but fixed it by restarting scenario in default aircraft and then reloading the Mustang. My default flight is the LM default by the way but I can fix this by reloading the Stang

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Rob and Richard,

please can you start a new thread with your issue so we can help you troubleshoot the issue and get you fixed up. This old thread is from 2018.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”