Problems with Military P-51D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Problems with Military P-51D

Post by WB_FlashOver »

sdflyguy437 wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 13:14 Thanks to all who offered help. It really did help. I am flying the P-51 and learning the technology slowly. I still have issues with the damage programing and I will need to continue to learn to cope with it. So I will keep this A/C in my aircraft stable and I am no longer asking for a refund. Again, thanks for the help. sdflyguy
That's great news sdflyguy.
The Accu-Sim P-51 is a fantastic achievement by A2A. My love of Accu-Sim is that you must fly the plane as you would a real P-51. If you are hard on her she will need lots and frequent repairs. If you treat her right she will give you many hours before repairs are needed. However, there will be normal wear parts such as filters, pumps, mags, etc that are going to need regular maintenance and attention. Always remember to check fluid levels prior to flight. As parts wear or leaks start to develop you will notice the need to top-off coolant, engine oil or hydraulic oil more frequently until at some point your crew chief will notify you of a leak or excessively warn item.

I cannot stress enough the importance of RTFM for ALL A2A aircraft. :!:

Cheers and happy flying :mrgreen:
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

That's good to hear sdflyguy437! I was thinking also that the thing to remember through the process is that "those 19 year-olds" had all only ever flown airplanes with the tailwheel on the proper end of the airplane :wink: and had been through a pretty intensive training course on the T-6 prior to jumping into a P-51, if they weren't transitioning from another tailwheel equipped fighter somewhere in between the T-6 and P-51.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Ron Attwood wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 16:11
sdflyguy437 wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 13:33
I was surprised that other pilots are not having problems. ....... So I would love to fly this beautiful model. It does begin to look as if there is a hardware or software issue going on. So what I think I need is advice from someone who has made the changes necessary to tame the handling characteristics with multiple add-ons/drivers. sdflyguy
Believe me, there are LOADS of people who had problems with the P-51 myself included. For a long time I struggled with T.O. It was a swine. I gave up on it in frustration. I went back to it with a different frame of mind and started to FLY it as opposed to being a passenger. A bit like riding a feisty horse. You've got to show it who's boss. But with sensitivity of course. :D
As an expert you'll know that better than I.

A thought: Have you removed the control lock? Just askin'.
YES I had problems for a while but I have gotten to the point where I get down the run way some what straight and get off the ground. It has become one of my favorite aircraft, along with the Piper 250 to fly. :D :D :D
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 21:12 That's good to hear sdflyguy437! I was thinking also that the thing to remember through the process is that "those 19 year-olds" had all only ever flown airplanes with the tailwheel on the proper end of the airplane :wink: and had been through a pretty intensive training course on the T-6 prior to jumping into a P-51, if they weren't transitioning from another tailwheel equipped fighter somewhere in between the T-6 and P-51.
Good point.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”