Civilian P51 Stuck in Crashed State

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MZee1960
Airman First Class

Civilian P51 Stuck in Crashed State

Post by MZee1960 »

Hello,

I've had this aircraft for a few years now and have had no previous issues..... until now.

Today, I downloaded and installed the free P-40 and it's AccuSim Pack without issues, and everything works fine with it. Later I went to fly the P51 Civilian in my FSX (mind you, I haven't flown the P51 for about 6mos prior to today) and found it seemingly stuck in a "crashed" state in the maintenance hangar. Tried a complete overhaul and all of the defects return. Fluids, oil cannot be topped up etc., some clickspots also do not respond. Tried individually repairing each engine item with the same results. Won't auto-start, nothing. I tried to find updater and link produced a message that nothing found here. I run FSX, purchased the P51 Civilian on the 'old' A2A site, but had today entered my email info etc. in the 'form' to have all my purchases (AccuSim P51Civ., and AccuFeel) transferred over to the 'new' site where I have already logged on and where my P40 resides. In the C:/Users/User/Documents/A2A/FSX folder, I have 4 folders : Feel, P40, P51, and P51civ. Deleting the P51civ folder did nothing - problem still there. The P51 folder has a file (1 KB) titled 'UNKNOWN' as the only file - and I cannot open this one. The other 3 folders (Feel, P40, P51civ) each have have some DAT files inside.

How can I reset my P51 Civilian with AccuSim so it works as before ? I am not sure if installing the P40 may have somehow caused this issue with the P51 or not. I installed the P40 first, then installed the AccuSim Pack for it second. (FSX was started and then closed after each - not sure if this was required, or not). I could not find any trace of the Core Accusim Update (Feb.4,2019) - link to it on the website is a dead end - says 'It looks like nothing was found here'.

I run Kaspersky antivirus on W7 machine. Using Administrator account. FSX set to load default flight with hang glider on starting. If I need to uninstall P51 and it's Accusim pack, please let me know best way to proceed to remove it properly and how best to re-install it as well. I have a ton of repaints for it as well.

Thank-you, in advance, for your help .

Milan .........
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Civilian P51 Stuck in Crashed State

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Milan,

I think you may need to run the latest combined update for the FSX Accu-Sim products to resolve this issue. Unfortunately the updater is offline at present while we migrate to a new web host, but please check this pinned topic again soon.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

Hi Nick,

Today, Mar.31st, I received an email from A2A titled 'Thanks for shopping with us' , providing a confirmation of my May 2018 purchases of the Civ. Mustang and AccuFeel AL&S - I gather by this that, in other words, my account purchases have been moved over to the 'new' website now.

I think I last updated the core AccuSim file for the Mustang at the end of 2018.

You, obviously are in the best position to diagnose what's causing this issue, ... so I will wait for the latest combined update for the FSX Accusim products, as you recommend.

Hoping it won't be too long .......

Cheers,
MZ ...
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey MZ,

we are hoping to have the updater back up and running by the end of today (US timezone).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

Thank-you, Lewis .

Funny thing is .... I checked on my P-51 after installing the P-40, and that's when I found this issue. The P-40 works great, and keeping me occupied in the meantime.

I will check on the updater tomorrow and hopefully get things sorted then.

Cheers,
Milan .......
Cheers,
MZee.

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 05:39 Hey MZ,

we are hoping to have the updater back up and running by the end of today (US timezone).

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

I just downloaded and installed the Feb.4,2019 AccuSim Core Update.
It only found the P-40 version needed updating along with the core accusim files for both aircraft.
All seems good now, ... and I got both planes back up in the air. :D

I have one query left, (just curious), ... if I wanted to 'reset' an AccuSim aircraft to what it was like when it was just freshly installed (ie. 0 hrs. on engine etc.), is there a way to do this without causing any 'issues' later in the sim ?

Thank-you, Lewis and Nick for your help,
Milan ......
Cheers,
MZee.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Milan,

Thanks for the update - good to hear you're back in business. :)

MZee1960 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 18:23 I have one query left, (just curious), ... if I wanted to 'reset' an AccuSim aircraft to what it was like when it was just freshly installed (ie. 0 hrs. on engine etc.), is there a way to do this without causing any 'issues' later in the sim ?
As for resetting, some aircraft have an option for this in the Shift 3 menu, but you can also just manually delete the contents of the corresponding folder in "Documents\A2A\FSX". So for the P-51 Civilian, delete everything in "Documents\A2A\FSX\P51civ" to reset the aircraft to its original freshly installed state.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 18:45 Hi Milan,

Thanks for the update - good to hear you're back in business. :)

MZee1960 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 18:23 I have one query left, (just curious), ... if I wanted to 'reset' an AccuSim aircraft to what it was like when it was just freshly installed (ie. 0 hrs. on engine etc.), is there a way to do this without causing any 'issues' later in the sim ?
As for resetting, some aircraft have an option for this in the Shift 3 menu, but you can also just manually delete the contents of the corresponding folder in "Documents\A2A\FSX". So for the P-51 Civilian, delete everything in "Documents\A2A\FSX\P51civ" to reset the aircraft to its original freshly installed state.

Thanks,
Nick
Thank-you, Nick.
Cheers,
MZee.

Philip Papazoglou
Airman Basic

Post by Philip Papazoglou »

I have the exact same issue after downloading the p40 just two days ago..

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Philip Papazoglou wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 03:15 I have the exact same issue after downloading the p40 just two days ago..
Hi Philip,

If you're using FSX, it should just be a case of downloading and running the latest update for the FSX Accu-Sim products to resolve the issue, as described above.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Philip Papazoglou
Airman Basic

Thanks for the link Nick works a treat, even got my hours back lol Do you know how long it takes for the transfer?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good stuff Philip, thanks for the update. Do you mean transferring purchases from an account on or old store to the new one as described here?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Philip Papazoglou
Airman Basic

Yep, but I've already done this. i just want to update my P51 as I can see there's a VR update included in this update.
Cheers,
Phil

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Phil,

Which host sim are you using? The VR updates are just for P3Dv4.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Philip Papazoglou
Airman Basic

Thanks for your reply nick,
I'm using FSX :cry: I didn't realise it was only P3Dv4 all good mate thanks for your help Cheers,
Thanks,
Phil

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”