Couple of Issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JSU77
Airman Basic

Couple of Issues

Post by JSU77 »

I downloaded the P-40 and flew it a few times. Went back to the P-51 and it's perpetually in the maintenance hanger. All of my other A2A planes (C172, 182, Cherokee 180 and 250) all have problems, so I deleted the P-40. Still issues. Found a fix here and tried it (ran the updater). I have only tried the 260 and the P-51 since. The 260 appears to be fine, but the P-51 has a couple of problems. No hydraulic pressure, but when I start the engine with CNTRL-E I have hydraulic pressure. The sounds are messed up. I hear sounds, but not the correct sounds. Any ideas?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Couple of Issues

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please can you reinstall the P-40 and then go to your updater folders and delete them for the relevant aircraft and re-run the updater. It sounds like you have un-synced your files so they will need to be re-synced. Remember to always run the latest updater after installation of an aircraft. Unfortunately the un-install in this case maybe have caused more problems so best to just delete the update folders and re-run update to update your fleet and get back to working order.

The update folders can be found in your root FSX folder in the A2A Folder and then inside the product folders dependant on what you have installed.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

JSU77 wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 14:16 (...) but the P-51 has a couple of problems. No hydraulic pressure, but when I start the engine with CNTRL-E I have hydraulic pressure. (...)
This isn't a problem, but when the P-51 is shut down in a 'cold and dark' state, the red T-shaped handle next to the fuel selector is pulled out. The depressurises the hydraulic system to help prevents leaks, so when you start up, you'll need to push the handle in again to re-pressurise the system. The Ctrl e auto-start process does this automatically.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JSU77
Airman Basic

Post by JSU77 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 16:22 Hello,

please can you reinstall the P-40 and then go to your updater folders and delete them for the relevant aircraft and re-run the updater. It sounds like you have un-synced your files so they will need to be re-synced. Remember to always run the latest updater after installation of an aircraft. Unfortunately the un-install in this case maybe have caused more problems so best to just delete the update folders and re-run update to update your fleet and get back to working order.

The update folders can be found in your root FSX folder in the A2A Folder and then inside the product folders dependant on what you have installed.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thanks, I'll give this a try.

JSU77
Airman Basic

Post by JSU77 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 17:52
JSU77 wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 14:16 (...) but the P-51 has a couple of problems. No hydraulic pressure, but when I start the engine with CNTRL-E I have hydraulic pressure. (...)
This isn't a problem, but when the P-51 is shut down in a 'cold and dark' state, the red T-shaped handle next to the fuel selector is pulled out. The depressurises the hydraulic system to help prevents leaks, so when you start up, you'll need to push the handle in again to re-pressurise the system. The Ctrl e auto-start process does this automatically.

Thanks,
Nick
It is a problem if you push in the handle and the system won't pressurize. I also have 100% hydraulic fluid.

JSU77
Airman Basic

Post by JSU77 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 16:22 Hello,

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
That seems to have corrected everything for the P-51. I haven't flown it as yet, but the start-up sequence is correct in that it starts and all instruments are functioning. Thanks for your help.

One more question if you don't mind. I don't have the "check for updates icon" in the windows start menu, A2A grouping. All I have there are manuals and configuration files. I found an updater in the forum. The file was 04_19.zip. Was the correct one and how can I get the check for updates icon in the start menu?

Thanks for your help!!

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

If you're on FSX then there won't be a check for updates button in your start menu, only for the Bonanza. It sounds like you found the correct updater.

JSU77
Airman Basic

Post by JSU77 »

AviationAtWar wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 21:07 If you're on FSX then there won't be a check for updates button in your start menu, only for the Bonanza. It sounds like you found the correct updater.
OK. Thanks again!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”