Aircraft veers to left then corkscrews into ground after take off

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: Aircraft veers to left then corkscrews into ground after take off

Post by Mazo »

No,it does work. It shows the current version installed, not the initial installation version when installed.
Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Backtotheroots wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 16:15 Ok, I might have fixed it but I am not sure if it is a fix that breaks other things....

I have a backup folder of the complete STEAM folder from before messing with uninstalling/reinstalling etc.

First I tried replacing the aircraft.cfg file (in the Simobjects/Airplanes/WoP3_P51D_civ folder but that not help.

Then I simply replaced the whole WoP3_P51D_civ folder and that did work :-)
Tailwheel steering is back!

Now how do I know if my aircraft is COMPLETELY ok...that I have caused other problems with that folder copy/paste?

What makes me suspecious that something might still be off is that everything is too good now...lol
As in.....my original problem seems to have gone away now as well!
Is there way to tell what accusim verion my P51 is using (not what was installed....but what it is actaully using after the folder copy/paste)

I still prefer a complete and clean uninstall/reinstall over what I have just done by the way.

What do you say?
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the detailed info and apologies for the slightly slow reply. To verify a completely clean uninstall from FSX-SE, these are the files/folders you should make sure are deleted.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A (the whole folder)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\accusim_xml (the whole folder)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll (one file)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D_Civ (the whole folder)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee (the whole folder, along with any other folders in this directory for A2A aircraft)
C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A (the whole folder: this one isn't removed by the uninstaller as it's where the aircraft's persistent 'state' is stored)

Our installer logic was updated for Prepar3D to show the version number in the list of installed programs but unfortunately the legacy FSX installers don't include this info. However, if you run the uninstallers for your products, then manually remove any bits listed above, before reinstalling and reupdating, you should be good.
Backtotheroots wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 06:01 edit: I do see others with similar questions. Is that UNWISE.EXE the way to uninstall everything?
The "UNWISE.EXE" file is the legacy software uninstaller. The usual way to run this would be through the Windows control panel or "Settings" and then "Apps" as it's been redesigned in Windows 10.

Hope this helps but please let us know if you have any more issues or questions.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Backtotheroots
Airman

Post by Backtotheroots »

Awesome, thanks for that info!

Will try that as it will make me feel better than having mixed folders from different installation times.

Backtotheroots
Airman

Post by Backtotheroots »

That worked :-)

Reinstalling was quite a bit different after deinstalling + manually removing the left over folders.

The initial installers of my 3 A2A aircraft ran the same way as before.

But the May 2020 accusim update was very different.
This time a little window opened at each of the aircraft I have and told me the current aircraft version and the update version!

P51 1.0 to 2.19
And then it started downloading this update!! (something it did not do before)

Cherokee 1.0 to 2.18
downloading update

L049 Constellation 1.0 to 1.01
downloading update.

All is fine now, no problem with nosewheel steering.

Take off is ok now, I made sure not to get airborne to quickly with pitch trim 0 and it wasnt too bad of I may say so :-)

So I will take a look at the tips/tricks and recommendations now and practice a few take offs :-)

PS just for info to Lyn....for some reason my Control Panel/Programs and Features does not show the versions I have installed. Not that it matters now though....could be a Win7 thing.

Backtotheroots
Airman

Post by Backtotheroots »

Dudleys tips for take off really are great!

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=31684

His tips not only explain how to do it but also make you realize there is nothing wrong with your sim.
Later on in that tread, it is even mentioned that left role was increased to get closer to the real thing.
Again, that explains nothing is wrong.

The introduction of new behavior should be communicated properly.
And in my opinion it was not.

When I first got the aircraft I had no problems, and then after an update the airplane would roll left quite hard, it didnt seem right.
Dudley explained it is right....that it was changed to be right!
I was already compensating with right aileron, but each time I was thinking....“darn, again this left rolling tendency.....sucks....something broke my airplane.cfg“

So I am glad you guys pointed me to Dudley post.

But for the future, when software updates are made that change aircraft behavior in such a such a way that one might come to think something got crewed up,....maybe give us a heads up.

I know, people are leazy and dont read the manual
So make it simple, maybe a little pop up cloud when you first load the airplane with;
„The update has changed aircraft behavior. Left roll is significantly increased during take off and needs to be compensated by the pilot. See also forum tread xxx“

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”