No sound in A2A cockpits issue again

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
John Buckles
Airman Basic

No sound in A2A cockpits issue again

Post by John Buckles »

Like others, I loaded up P3D (V4.3) and have no cockpit sound for any A2A aircraft. All others are fine. The A2A planes DO have sounds outside the cockpit. Again, like others have found.
Happened all at once without me making any changes to anything I know of.

A search shows this to fall to mainly 3 areas:
1. The "shift 3" volume control (its all the way up)
2. not using the default sound device (I am - at least its the one I've always used)
3. uninstall/re-install aircraft (did this for the P-51 with latest update - no joy)[/list]

there are other posts like editing config files, but this problem seems like its got to be something more basic. I mean, nothing changed. It just started doing it.
I'm running Win 7 Home premium (64 bit)
Anyone have any time saving suggestions?

Thanx Jeff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No sound in A2A cockpits issue again

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jeff and welcome,

Please can you check to see if there's an "audio.dat" file in the "Documents\A2A" folder, and if there is, try deleting it.

Also, just curious why you're using an older version of P3Dv4? The current (and presumably final) release is v4.5.14.34698. This is probably unrelated to the issue, but we'd recommend using the latest stable version of the platform if possible.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

John Buckles
Airman Basic

Post by John Buckles »

Nick,

Excellent !
There indeed was an audio.dat file (created 5/30) and deleting it fixes the problem.......thanx! I would have never figured this out on my own.

Yea, maybe I should upgrade the P3D version. I stopped doing that some time back since each new version introduced a host of incompatibilities and other problems. Also, developers needed time to get their stuff working in a new version. Some seemed to simply stop updating their products.
for a while I had my eye on new planes that were only compatible with V4.4 or 4.5 and incompatible with anything less than 4.4, etc. I also had installed stuff that was only compatible up to 4.3 it seemed.
The current version is the last one you say ? that's encouraging, and thanks for the tip. maybe I will upgrade :-)

Jeff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update and good to hear the issue is resolved. That file is created if the "Accusim Sounds Menu" in P3D's top menu is used, so maybe this is something you'd opened previously?

But yes, now that P3Dv5 has been released, I'd expect further development of v4 to stop so it may be a good time to consider installing the final version, especially if you use any PBR products.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Stratocruiser
Airman

Post by Stratocruiser »

Nick,
I also have no sound in the cockpit, but cant find where that is located. I know you said Documents, but can you give the complete location?
Thanks
Howard

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Howard,

If there is one, the "audio.dat" file would be in the "A2A" folder in your "Documents" folder.

However, please also make sure the volume control at the bottom left of the Shift 3 menu isn't set to minimum.

By default, cockpit sound effects will play through your default Windows playback device (which may be different to the device which you've assigned in P3D) so check this is plugged in and turned on.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”