P-51 Military

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Wilbur E Nelson
Airman Basic

P-51 Military

Post by Wilbur E Nelson »

I installed the sim in P3d v5. When I select the aircraft, the aircraft opens with a puff of smoke, prop jumps about one blade, and the right landing gear retracts. Nothing works from this point. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. I even repaired P3d v5. So...I installed the sim in P3d v4.5 and same thing except when the right gear retracts, the wing falls to the ground. I am not a beginner to flight sims but this is the most trouble I have ever experienced with sim installation. Yes, Windows Defender was turned off and all other anitviral software turned off. I need some suggestions, please.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-51 Military

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello WIlbur - welcome to the forums and sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with the P-51. Is this a brand new installation of the product, or have you used it previously in other sims such as FSX?

Also, you mention installations in both P3Dv4 and v5, so can you confirm that you're using the separate product installer for each?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Wilbur E Nelson
Airman Basic

Yes, I downloaded the aircraft last week so this is a new installation. And yes, I used the product installer for P3D v5 and the one for P3D v4.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming. Please can you let us know which path you used when installing the P-51? In a few cases, users who install inside the "Documents" folder when it's being synced by OneDrive have reported issues.

Could you also confirm if any files are being written to the path "Documents\A2A\FSX\P51"? If so, please can you delete the contents of this directory and then launch either version of P3D and try loading the P-51 again.

Finally, please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default P3D scenario in each copy of the sim?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Wilbur E Nelson
Airman Basic

Okay. I'll check when I get home from my office.
Thanks,
Wil

Wilbur E Nelson
Airman Basic

I deleted the files and the sim now works okay. Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Wil - glad to hear you're back in business. Not too sure what the original issue was, but potentially something caused corruption of the saved .dat file which is used to store the persistent state of the aircraft.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”