ACCUSIM

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Cliff Wimberly
Airman

ACCUSIM

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Cant get accusim to work. I have reinstalled the P-51 and accusim a couple of times but still no joy.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: ACCUSIM

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Cliff,

Please can you give us a bit more info to go on. What exactly isn't working and what host sim are you using?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
I am flying the civilian version.
This is whats happening. No cockpit sounds ie: switch clicks .flap and gear transition. start up sequence does not work. To start the engine all I have to do is turn on the ignition and flip the start switch and she's running. Aircraft damage or engine wear is not indicated. Cant hear breathing when oxygen is selected. When I click the damage box it says damage not available accusim not present. Accucum IS present because I just reinstalled it. By all appearance the installation was successful.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Cliff,

Which host sim are you using? For example, FSX disk edition, FSX-SE, P3Dv4, P3Dv5 etc?

Also, is the P-51 a new purchase and installation or have you had it working okay on your system before?

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
I am flying the FSX-SE edition. I have had my Mustang for a couple of years. I hadn't flown it for a while and when I rolled it out of the hanger the cockpit was silent. It had been working fine before. Any chance the update could have disabled my Accusim ?
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Cliff.

Since you mention reinstalling Accu-Sim, please can you start by deleting the following folder on your PC.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\P51civ\Update_fsx

And then run the update from here.

Once you've done this, please can you launch FSX and check if the issue still persists. If it does, please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default FSX flight.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
I attempted to access C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\P51civ\Update_fsx but the search was unsuccessful. The update that I installed came from this message board and it updated a host of a2a aircraft including the civ p51. The folder you asked me to access appears to be a civp51 specific folder> I have never installed that update.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Cliff.

Were you able to find the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\P51civ" folder? Bear in mind this is the path to the default Steam library location, so if you've used a custom location (such as a separate drive) the first part will be different.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Good Morning Nick,
I have searched, and the folder that you indicated "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\P51civ" is not on my computer. I am not using "Steam" . The update I installed is "Accu-sim update 11/05/2020 Download - FSX and P3D v1-v3 . The default aircraft that comes up when I start Flight Simulator is the "Aircreation Ultralite Trike.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Cliff.

I think there may be a bit of confusion as to which version of FSX you have installed. "FSX-SE" is the Steam Edition of the program, but is actually one of the disk editions you have installed instead?

If so, the default equivalent path for the folder to delete before running the latest update is " C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P51civ\Update_fsx".

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Good Morning Nick,
I'm sorry, I feel like I'm wasting your time. I searched again and the folder " C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P51civ\Update_fsx" was not to be found.
Unless you have some miracle fix up your sleeve I will just continue to fly the plane without accusim.
Thanx for your patience.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Morning Cliff - please can you just confirm the actual file path where you have FSX installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Here it is Nick,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Cliff,

I'm still not 100% sure from your posts if you've found the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P51civ" folder okay, but without the "Update_fsx" subfolder inside it?

If you have though, please run the Accu-Sim update I linked above.

If not (if "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P51civ" isn't present) it sounds like you need to run the separate Accu-Sim installer which should be present in your original FSX download and then run the update.

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
This just might be another "rabbit hole" but, my copy of accusim is wop3_p51_accusim and my aircraft folder is WoP3_P51D.
Some of the letters in the aircraft folder are caps. Non are caps in the accusim folder. The aircraft is P51D and the accusim is just p51. no D. Could this be the problem ??
Cliff

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”