ACCUSIM

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: ACCUSIM

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cliff,

You mentioned above that you're flying the civilian version but the "WoP3_P51D" folder in the "airplanes" directory is the military version. I'm still a bit confused as to exactly which product(s) you have installed.

Please can you try running that update I linked above and just confirm which (if any) aircraft it finds, and whether it updates them, or reports that they're already up to date.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. If by the "accusim folder" you mean the "A2A" folder in the FSX directory, then a subfolder titled just "P51" is correct.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Sorry Nick,
I failed to include the _div. I am flying the civilian version WoP3_P51D_civ. What update do I need to try running.
I ran the accusim update 11/05/2020 earlier. It found all of my aircraft ie: Connie, Strat and P51 and sais all AC had been updated. My P51 wound up with a locked tail wheel and could not be steared while taxiing.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Cliff.

So the updater found and updated each of those three products when you ran it?

If so, it sounds like Accu-Sim is installed okay. When it comes to steering the P-51 on the ground, how are you trying to unlock the tailwheel?

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
Back in Dec 2020 a pilot call sign" Backtotheroots" posted a "Locked Tail Wheel" problem that describes and mirrows my problem exactly to the t. PLZ read his posts. He didn't mention losing cockpit sounds aircraft engine damage/wear ect: as I have.
I'm afraid if I reinstall accusim and the update that my plane won't taxi or fly. I will have to do what he did reinstall the P51D_civ folder

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Chris.

Sorry, we seem to be going round in circles a bit here. So when you say that you've lost engine damage and wear, is the "DAMAGE ON" option still not available at the bottom left of the Shift 3 menu, even after reinstalling Accu-Sim?

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Correct, when I select "Damage" from the f+3 menu the message "accu-sim is not available" appears. I have reinstalled accu-sim several times. When I reinstall accu-sim the re-installation appears to be proceeding normally all the way through "finish". All indications are that I have had a successful installation and that accu-sim is alive and active in my P51 but not so.
It appears that my P51 files are corrupted in some way.
Should I initate UNWISE.EXE and clear out my P51 folders, then try starting over from scratch??
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cliff,

A full, completely clean reinstall may be the best bet. However, before you resort to that, please can you try deleting the "Documents\A2A\FSX\P51Civ" folder.

Also, can you let us know if you've modified your default flight in FSX, and if so, which aircraft loads in the rotating preview window in the "Free Flight" screen when you first launch FSX?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
Think I have found the folder its labled P51civ c:\users\cliff\my documents\A2A\FSX
Several other forders poped up bit they were all labled p51civLog.dat.bak . Don't think those were the ones we were looking for.
Should I delete the P51civ folder?
I have not modified my default free flight . It still has the original ultralight on the screen when I start up.
Thanx
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cliff,

Yes, that's right - just delete the entire "P51Civ" folder which is in the "FSX" folder which in turn sits inside the "A2A" folder in your "My Documents" directory.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Hi Nick,
I found and deleted the P51civ folder that was contained in the A2A folder there is still a P51 folder remaining it contains an accu-sim manuel, an accu-sim document (looks like a cfg file and UNWISE.EXE . do I need to delete that folder also?
I tried flying the plane after deleteing the P51civ folder but the results were the same. Plane flies fine but still no accu-sim function. Shift + 3 still says accu-sim not available.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cliff,

Looks like a full clean install is the best bet in that case. Please can you follow the step below to accomplish this.

1. Uninstall the P-51 via its shortcut in the Windows list of installed apps.
2. Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D_civ" folder if it's still there.
3. Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P51civ" folder if it's still there.
4. Restart your PC
5. Reinstall the P-51 Civilian and then its Accu-Sim pack from your original download.
6. Run the update from here and note if it finds and updates the P-51 Civilian.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Nick My Friend, I think we are finally out of options, I followed your instructions and deleted all A2A P51 folders. I rebooted the computer and rechecked to make sure that I had not missed anything. I reinstalled the P51civ and acc-sim and when I started Flight Sim the results were the same. No accusim functions. Shift+3 shows no accu-sim available.
Note: I did not install the update because accusim was not being recognized eventho it appeared to install successfully. :?
Thanks for trying to help me.
Fly safe Fly well
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Cliff. Sorry we haven't found the culprit yet but what you're reporting is rather unusual.

If you want to take the troubleshooting further, please can you just check that the filenames of the two installers you're running are "wop3_p51_civ.EXE" and then "wop3_p51_accusim.EXE"?

Also, do you have any third-party antivirus software running on your machine, and if so, from which provider?

Finally (and I should have asked this question earlier) which version of Windows are you using?

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cliff Wimberly
Airman

Post by Cliff Wimberly »

Nick You are a patient Man. Thank you.
The installers are the same but I dont see EXE at the end
I am running windows 7
I am using Norton Life Loc for anti virus.
All of my other three A2A aircraft work fine so anti virus should not be a problem.
Cliff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Cliff. The ".exe" part won't be shown is your Windows in installation is set to hide file extensions for known file types, that's normal.

Do the other 3 aircraft you're using include Accu-Sim? If fact, could you let us know which ones they are?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”