P-51 works in P3D V4 but not V5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
brettt7777
Airman Basic

P-51 works in P3D V4 but not V5

Post by brettt7777 »

I finally took the plunge and bought the P-51 for P3D. I installed it in V4 and all seems to work well. I installed it in V5 and it went in fine, but every time I try to fly it, it comes up running for a few seconds, then the right hand main gear collapses and destroys the prop. WTF? How is a main gear collapsing when I'm still on the ground and not moving? What am I missing here?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-51 works in P3D V4 but not V5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Brett,

A couple of quick questions to start with. Did you use the separate P3Dv5 version of the installer for the P-51 when you installed in v5?

If you did, when you launch the sim, which aircraft loads with your default scenario?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

brettt7777
Airman Basic

Post by brettt7777 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 13:45 Hello Brett,

A couple of quick questions to start with. Did you use the separate P3Dv5 version of the installer for the P-51 when you installed in v5?

If you did, when you launch the sim, which aircraft loads with your default scenario?

Thanks,
Nick
When I purchased the plane, it came with two installers; one for V4 and one for V5. I think I had the default scenario using the Extra 300 in both versions.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It sounds like something might be corrupting during the load process in v5 Brett, so I'd recommend you try the following.

First of all, please back up and delete the entire subfolder for whichever version of the P-51 you have (military of civilian) in the "Documents\A2A" directory.

Then launch P3Dv5, load the Extra onto the runway of your choice and then switch to the P-51.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

brettt7777
Airman Basic

Post by brettt7777 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 17:38 It sounds like something might be corrupting during the load process in v5 Brett, so I'd recommend you try the following.

First of all, please back up and delete the entire subfolder for whichever version of the P-51 you have (military of civilian) in the "Documents\A2A" directory.

Then launch P3Dv5, load the Extra onto the runway of your choice and then switch to the P-51.

Thanks,
Nick
Okay, I tried that and nothing changed. If I load the plane at altitude and airspeed, it will fly for a few minutes but I can't get it started. And the flight physics are definitely not right. Could it be because I have two different versions of P3D on my PC? I don't know why it would be. I have two different versions of the P-40 installed (P3D V4 & V5) and they both seem to work fine.
One other thing I noticed is that during the install of these planes, one wants to install it in an add-on directory in the Documents/P3D VX folder, and the other one wants to install it in the normal Games/P3D VX/Sim Objects folder. Could that be an issue?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Having concurrent installations of P3D v4 and v5 isn't a problem Brett, provided you've installed the correct version of the P-51 in each. And the different install locations you mention will simply be the installer detecting where you've installed previous A2A aircraft. "Documents/Prepar3D vX Add-ons" is the default install location, but if you've chosen to install other A2A products in the SimObjects folder (this isn't recommended in P3D by way) then the installer will follow this previous logic.

Just to help clarify matters, is it P3Dv4 or v5 where your P-51 is installed in the main SimObjects folder? And, do you have other A2A aircraft installed in this same location?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

brettt7777
Airman Basic

Post by brettt7777 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 11:53 Having concurrent installations of P3D v4 and v5 isn't a problem Brett, provided you've installed the correct version of the P-51 in each. And the different install locations you mention will simply be the installer detecting where you've installed previous A2A aircraft. "Documents/Prepar3D vX Add-ons" is the default install location, but if you've chosen to install other A2A products in the SimObjects folder (this isn't recommended in P3D by way) then the installer will follow this previous logic.

Just to help clarify matters, is it P3Dv4 or v5 where your P-51 is installed in the main SimObjects folder? And, do you have other A2A aircraft installed in this same location?

Thanks,
Nick
In P3D V4, both the P-51 and the P-40 are installed in the Documents/P3D V4 Add-on folder. In P3D V5, the P-40 is installed in the Documents/P3D V5 add-on folder. The P-51 is installed in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder. The P-40 works in either version. The P-51 does not work in either version.
I had an airplane some time ago that was doing something similar after I installed it in FSX. It would sink into the runway or go tail up and crash; something of that nature. I figured out eventually that the plane had not been registered correctly or some such thing. Once I corrected that it worked. I think I uninstalled it and completely reinstalled it or some such thing. I don't know how that could be an issue with the P-51. I bought it directly from A2A and downloaded it using the link that they emailed to me. I installed it using the installer that came with it. There was no other option. It never asked for a serial number or any kind of verification. But it doesn't work in either version. The p-40 that I got the exact same way and installed the exact same way works fine in either version of P3D.
I have no idea what to do now. I have never has any issue getting an A2A aircraft to work.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Brett,

Not too sure how you've been able to install the P-40 and P-51 in different directories. The installer should detect the install location of any pre-existing Accu-Sim aircraft, and enforce installation to the same file path. Did you manually move any folders after installation etc?

Please can you try the following.

1. Uninstall the P-51 from P3Dv5
2. Check in the "SimObjects/Airplanes" folder to make sure there are no A2A files or folders left over and if there are, please delete them.
3. Launch and then close P3Dv5
4. Reinstall the P-51 with the P3Dv5 version of the installer you originally downloaded from the store.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”